Remote Placement Exam Process
Eastern Florida State College has worked with testing partner College Board to offer remote virtual test administration for current or accepted EFSC students who wish to take a common placement test for enrollment in college credit coursework. The ACCUPLACER Next Generation exam (equivalent to PERT) is administered through the online proctored exam service Examity.
All students who are not exempt from required placement testing may submit your request
for remote placement testing after reading the details below. See the Exemptions Info page for more on potential exemptions.
ACCUPLACER enables placement testing through a personal computer or laptop (Chromebooks and tablets are not supported).
If you have a documented disability see details on how to request accommodations and allow extra time for that separate process.
Before proceeding you must review the EFSC Remote/Virtual Testing Policy.
Remote ACCUPLACER Registration Steps
Check your computer's compatibility
Complete request form, verification & payment info
(Read the bulleted list before using the button at the bottom to fill out and submit the Remote Testing Request Form)
- Student submits Request for Remote Virtual Proctoring via the link below. Information required includes:
- Full name
- EFSC Student ID# (If applicable)
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number
- Email address
- High School completion status
- Once you complete the student form, an EFSC Testing staff member will review the request and be in contact within 5 business days with further information and details via your Titan student email account or for potential Dual Enrollment students, the email used when submitting the form.
- The Examity fee is $25 (payable directly to Examity), and is subject to change. If a student is also subject to an EFSC retest fee, any required retest fees will be placed on the student’s EFSC account.
- An EFSC Testing staff member will create a voucher for the required/requested placement test valid for 90 days. Test vouchers will not be generated until the required 30-day test/retest interval has occurred.
- The student will use the custom link in the voucher to register with Examity and schedule their remote virtual exam.
- If you have a documented testing accommodation(s), refer to the box on this web page for how to request that accomodation.
- Prepare for the exam using links in Resources box.
- Allow two days after test completion for the scores to be processed. Please note: any required retest fee must be paid before test scores will be entered into the student's record. Potential Dual Enrollment students who have not yet applied to the College may defer payment until EFSC has reopened.