Dropping a Course
If you plan to drop a course be sure you understand this is different than withdrawing from a course. A course drop happens by the published deadline to drop a course and have fees adjusted that is published in the EFSC academic calendar for each part of term. This deadline is very early in the term, normally on the Sunday at the end of the first week of classes. It is the student’s responsibility to drop a course following the process below during that add/drop period to avoid being charged for the course.
Students must also be sure that dropping a course does not impact the enrollment level required for their financial aid package. Your academic advisor and the EFSC Financial Aid Office can assist with planning as you consider a drop.
How to drop during the published drop period only:
- Log in to myEFSC using your Titans student email address and password.
- Click on Titan Web Services, and the "Student Services" landing page will appear.
- Click on "Registration/Add/Drop/Withdraw from Classes"
- Next you will choose" Register/Add/Drop/Withdraw" and then select the term from the dropdown menu and click "Continue".
- You will see your class schedule at the bottom of the screen. To drop a class during the official add/drop period, use the "Action" dropdown menu to the right of the course and choose "Web Drop" and then click the "Submit" button.
- You will need to click on the second "Submit" button to complete the course drop and remove it from your class summary.
- You can also use this same system to add needed classes.
- For more guidance on this TitanWeb process, view the new YouTube video that describes the process as of Sept. 18, 2023.
If a student drops a course by the deadline, the course will not be included on the transcript and the student will receive a refund of applicable tuition and fees paid for the course.
Important Note: Review information on withdrawing from a course, which happens after the end of the official add/drop period and by the published withdrawal deadline.