The Role of the AC
The Academic Council (AC), formerly known as the Academic Affairs Council until August 2021 when the name changed, represents the full-time faculty and serves as liaison to the Academic Discipline Subject Areas (ADSA) and to the College administration. It develops, interprets and makes recommendations to executive administration related to the welfare of the faculty and student body. The AC considers matters referred to it by faculty, staff, administration and students.
All faculty are represented by the AC, which is the voice of the faculty in academic matters. Concerns can be communicated through elected representatives or may be directly addressed to the AC. Academic Council processes are documentd in the AC Handbook. Please contact the Chair of the Council for the most current copy.
The Council meets monthly during the major semesters. AC meetings are open to all members of the College community. Those wishing to be part of the meeting agenda should contact the chair or the vice-chair.
AC Committees and the Academic Discipline Subject Area Committees play a key role in the Council and are covered in separate web sections through the links below. The AC also maintains many key documents and forms used by faculty.
Involved AC Volunteers
Committees play a key role in the operation of the Academic Council and these committees rely on the involvement of faculty volunteers and when appropriate College staff who play a role in the committee's area of interest.
Information about each committee, including documents and meeting minutes, are available on each committee's webpage.
Academic Diversity Committee
Dorothy McCalla, 321-433-5207
Academic Integrity Committee
(Joint with Online Steeing Council)
Joe Wakim, 321-433-5667
Academic Programs Assessment Committee
Dr. Robert Lamb, 321-433-7629
Curriculum Development Committee
Patricia Harmon, 321-433-7642
Educational Technology Advisory Committee
Michelle Stanifer, 321-433-5057
Faculty Handbook Committee
Anthony Akers, 321-433-5685
Ashley Olund, 321-433-5579
Open Educational Resources Committee
Marian Smith, 321-433-5601
AC 2023-2024 Meetings
August 18, 2023, 9:15 AM - 1 PM: Melbourne, Bldg. 7, Rm. 114
September 22, 2023, 9:15 AM - 1 PM: Virtual via MS Teams
October 20, 2023, 9:15 AM - 1 PM: Virtual via MS Teams
November 17, 2023, 9:15 AM - 1 PM: Virtual via MS Teams
January 12, 2024, 9:15 AM - 1 PM: Location TBA
February 16, 2024, 9:15 AM - 1 PM: Virtual via MS Teams
March 15, 2024, 9:15 AM - 1 PM: Virtual via MS Teams
April 19, 2024, 9:15 AM - 1 PM: Virtual via MS Teams
To ensure you view the most recent version of each document, we recommend you refresh your browser window after opening the form or clear your browser's cache in case your computer has cached a prior version.
- Academic Affairs Council Handbook
- Adjunct Faculty Handbook
- Adjunct Orientation PowerPoint PDF
- Career & Technical Advisory Committee Handbook
- Cluster Disciplines - Chair Guidebook
- College-level Communication and Computational Skills Florida State BOE Rule
- Collegewide Course Materials List
- Collegewide Faculty Committees
- Curriculum Related Forms, Documents & Tutorials
- Department Chair Handbook
- Educational Materials Process
- Educational Materials: Sample Adoption Rubric
- Educational Materials: Sample Cost/Benefit Analysis
- EFSC Faculty Handbook (Access current version & archives)
- Electronic Teaching Materials: Approved Software List [Excel Spreadsheet with date list was last updated: 11-15-23]
- Textbook and Educational Materials Selection Guidelines [Downloadable PDF Updated 4-8-22]
- Textbook/Required Course Material Adoption & Tracking (RCMATS) Form (Open fillable/savable form in PDF reader such as Acrobat for full capabilities) *Use this form to select educational materials and upload it into the EMTS System in MyEFSC*
- Third Party Course Materials/Reviewed & Approved