Locations & Hours
Mon. - Thurs., 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Bldg. 11, Rm. 113
1519 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL 32922
Bldg. 2, Rm. 125
3865 North Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32935
Military & Veterans Service Center
Active military personnel, veterans, and their families who are attending Eastern Florida State College can access special services to meet their often unique educational and personal needs through the collegewide Military & Veterans Service Center (MVSC).
The Service Center has locations on the Cocoa and Melbourne Campuses, but serves students on all campuses via phone, email, or Microsoft Teams online appointments.
Specialized services include:
- Educational Benefits: We provide assistance with qualifying and applying for veteran-specific financial aid benefits, including information about streamlined benefits certification through our Canvas online system each term, plus enrollment verification when required.
- Priority Registration: Priority course registration for an upcoming semester is available to active-military students, student veterans, and military/veteran dependents who have made prior contact with the EFSC Military & Veterans Services by self-identifying as one of these students or by submitting an EFSC MVS Certification Request form. Eastern Florida State College exceeds federal and state requirements related to priority registration by offering this priority service, until the time they graduate, to all veteran/military students – including those not using G.I. Bill® benefits – and veteran/military dependents (if dependents have used G.I. Bill® benefits during part of their time at EFSC).
- Information on your educational costs to assist with planning through your College Financing Plan which is available to accepted veteran students after logging in to the myEFSC Portal and selecting Titan Web; then Financial Aid Services; then choose the Federal Shopping Sheet box and select the aid year from the dropdown menu to view your personalized plan. View PDF how-to tips for accessing your Federal Shopping Sheet.
- Academic advising and course schedule planning
- A student orientation program tailored for veterans
- Training for faculty and staff on the special assistance veterans may need inside and outside the classroom.
- A computer work area where veterans can get help accessing information on their VA benefits.
- Coordination with Collegiate Veterans Society, a student club dedicated to help fellow veterans in the transition from military to college life. Please visit the CVS Facebook Group. for meeting days, times, and upcoming events.
- VA Work Study opportunities
*All newly admitted and transfer students are required to complete the College's new student orientation (available online). All veterans or service members who are first time in college students must also attend a mandatory advising session with a Veteran's Center advisor, and may register at the end of that session. To schedule this advising appointment, call an EFSC Military and Veterans Service Center at 321-433-7880 or submit an appointment request.
Free, 24/7, confidential support is a click or call to 988 away. The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you're not enrolled in VA benefits or health care. Connect with a real person qualified to support Veterans, service members, National Guard and Reserve members, plus their family and friends.
Reach out to the Service Center team if you have questions, plus use these related links.