Borrowing Material From Other Libraries
There are two ways to request materials from other libraries. The preferred method is Florida's Library Information Network for Cooperative Content, known as LINCC — the statewide system that connects college libraries around the state. That method is explained below. If materials you need are not available from other EFSC libraries or other Florida college libraries through the LINCC option, then please visit the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) webpage for more details on a second option.
The REQUEST ITEM option that is available after performing a LINCCWeb search allows currently enrolled Eastern Florida State College/ University of Central Florida students and employees to:
- REQUEST library materials from other EFSC campus libraries and other Florida college libraries
- Place a HOLD on materials that are checked out
Procedures for LINCCWeb Catalog Material Requests
- Visit LINCCWeb by clicking here
- Every effort will be made to fill requests as soon as possible. Please call campus library for pick-up availability.
- Materials requested from another EFSC campus usually arrive within 2 to 3 working days.
- Materials requested from other Florida colleges take about 7-10 days to arrive. Patrons will be contacted when their items arrive.
- The loan period for borrowed materials is determined by the lending library. Many libraries allow 3 week loans.
- The due date and any restrictions placed on the use of the material is indicated on the loan label that is attached to the received material.
- All loans are subject to the policies of the lending library and can be restricted, or recalled at any time.
- EFSC overdue fines are .25 cents per day per item. The maximum fine is $10 if the item is returned in good condition within 60 days of the due date. Additional overdue fines from the loaning institution may apply.
- If borrowed materials are damaged or lost, it is the patron's responsibility to pay replacement costs plus processing fees.
- University of Central Florida students and employees and Brevard residents with an EFSC Community Library Card may request materials from other EFSC campus libraries only.