Test Preparation Courses
Need to take an important academic skills test soon and want to be as prepared as possible? EFSC’s Office of Continuing Education has you covered!
We offer many test preparation courses online through our curriculum partner ed2go for the nursing and health sciences related TEAS, the law school admissions test LSAT, the widely accepted graduate school admissions test GRE, and more!
We also offer face-to-face courses for non-native speakers planning to take the TOEFL test.
Registration is easy using the details for each test in the accordion. You can also view all of the ed2go Test Prep Course options.
Popular Test Prep Courses
Choose a test to reveal details and registration information.
Admission to a nursing or health sciences program often partially depends on your Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam score. Many programs, including health programs offered at Eastern Florida State College, use this standardized exam to evaluate a candidate's reading, math, science, and English and language skills.
Our fully online TEAS Prep Series will prepare you for all aspects of the TEAS exam. TEAS Prep 1 focuses on Reading, English and Language Usage. TEAS Prep 2 focuses on Mathematics and Science. You will also learn valuable study skills, practice sample exam questions, and establish a test-taking strategy for exam day.
Please note: This fully online course requires access to a PC and is not compatible with MAC OS.
Topics will include:
TEAS Prep 1
- Details and Reading Critically
- Sequences, Reading, Graphics, and Types of Printed Communication
- Fact Finding and Persuasive Writing
- Intent and Fact Checking
- Deciphering and Evaluating Knowledge
- Spelling and Punctuation
- Sentence Structures and Parsing
- Grammar and Formal Language
- The Writing Process
- Context Clues
- Analyzing Word Parts
- Preparing for the TEAS Exam
TEAS Prep 2
- Ratios, Proportions, and Inequalities
- Measurement and Data
- Geometry and Converting Between Systems of Measurement
- Anatomy and Physiology: Part 1
- Anatomy and Physiology: Part 2
- Anatomy and Physiology: Part 3
- Scientific Reasoning
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Preparing for the TEAS Exam
See more information about scheduling the TEAS exam through the Eastern Florida State College Assessment Center.
Planning to go to graduate school when you finish your bachelor's degree at EFSC or elsewhere? Prepare for the Graduate Record Examinations standardized test with our GRE Prep Courses. These courses are completely online to fit your busy academic schedule.
The two courses include:
- Reading comprehension
- Text completion
- Sentence equivalence questions
- Essay tasks
- Time management, anxiety relief, scoring, and general standardized test-taking
- General math review and techniques for tackling the quantitative comparison
- Data interpretation
- Standard math questions that make up the quantitative reasoning sections
Regardless of which law field you plan to pursue, your legal career begins with the Law School Admission Test, better known as the LSAT. Your performance on this highly-technical exam determines the pedigree of law school you get into and sets the pace for your career as an attorney. This fully online two course series will prepare you to do your best work on the LSAT.
Topics will include:
LSAT Prep 1
- Introduction to a Career in Law
- Law School Admission Procedures
- Structure of the LSAT
- General Techniques for Preparing for the Test
- Techniques for Taking the Test
- Analytical Reasoning Problem Characteristics
- Analytical Reasoning - Question Types
- Group Membership, Temporal Order Questions, and Diagrams
- Spatial Order Problems and Diagrams
- Practice Tests
- Organizing the Writing Sample
- Completing the Writing Sample
LSAT Prep 2
- Preparing for the LSAT
- Overcoming the Reading Comprehension Section
- Evaluating Reading Comprehension Question Types
- Effective Reading for the LSAT
- Summing Up the Reading Comprehension Section
- Practicing LSAT Reading Comprehension Questions
- Analyzing Logical Reasoning Questions
- Examining Logical Reasoning Question Types
- Mastering Strengthen/Weaken the Argument and Method of Reasoning Questions
- Conquering Drawing Conclusions and Assumption Questions
- Practicing Logical Reasoning Questions
- Handling More Logical Reasoning Questions
Non-native speakers of English often need to demonstrate their knowledge of the English language to enter college and university settings. ESFC’s face-to-face TOEFL® iBT test prep course combines expert guidance from a credentialed ESL instructor with skill-based learning and actual material from the TOEFL® iBT test to help you prepare to accomplish your TOEFL® goals.
Topics may include:
- Integrated skill practice to develop critical thinking and communicative competence in writing, reading, listening, and speaking
- Authentic TOEFL® iBT practice sets
- Practical tips to sharpen test-taking strategies
This course is not eligible for self-registration. To register please contact:Joe Crespo
Continuing Education Coordinator
1519 Clearlake Road, Bldg. 25
Cocoa, FL 32922
Note: TOEFL® is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS). This work is not authorized, endorsed, or licensed by Educational Testing Service or TOEFL® iBT, and any reference to “TOEFL® iBT " in the title or body of this work is in no way intended to imply an affiliation with, or sponsorship by TOEFL® iBT , ETS or entity authorized to provide TOEFL® iBT branded goods or services.
EFSC also offers online preparatory courses for those seeking a GED®® high school equivalency diploma or to take the SAT or ACT college admissions exams. These series will prepare you to finish strong and achieve your goals.
The GED®® course covers all major topics including reading, science, social studies, writing, and a twelve-part section covering math requirements.
The SAT and ACT courses cover math, science, reading, grammar, and time management on the test.
Note: *GED®® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education and may not be used without permission. The GED®® and GED® Testing Service® brands are administered by GED® Testing Service® LLC under license. This work is not authorized, endorsed, or licensed by American Council On Education or GED® Testing Service®, and any reference to "GED®®" in the title or body of this work is in no way intended to imply an affiliation with, or sponsorship by, GED® Testing Service® or any state or entity authorized to provide GED®® branded goods or services.