Performing and Visual Arts
The Performing and Visual Arts programs at Eastern Florida State College seek to help you explore your artistic passions and develop the skills needed for a successful career in music, theatre, or studio art. We believe that the arts are for everyone, which is why we offer classes for both majors and non-majors.
Located on EFSC's Cocoa Campus, our programs provide a supportive environment where you can learn and grow in your chosen discipline:
Our home performance venue, the Bernard Simpkins Fine Arts Center, is an amazing facility with top-notch theatre spaces, practice rooms, painting and ceramic studios, and a modern electronic keyboard lab. Our exciting concerts, recitals, art shows, and theatrical performances, which are designed to inspire and enrich the local community, are typically open to the public.
Whether you're considering becoming a student, want to experience the arts firsthand, or simply have a passion for supporting talented individuals, we invite you to join us at Eastern Florida!
Performing and Visual Arts
Why Become a Performing and Visual Arts Student at EFSC?
EFSC offers department scholarships specifically tailored to support students pursuing the performing and visual arts.
- Scholarship Amount: $312 to $1,000 per term
- Who is Eligible? Students enrolled in visual arts classes
- How to Apply: Contact Joanna White at email@example.com or 321-433-5798
- Scholarship Amount: 50% to 100% of tuition per term
- Who is Eligible? Students in the Concert Band, Orchestra, or Jazz Band
- How to Apply: Contact Dr. Adrian Iordache, Director of Instrumental Music, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-433-7375
- Scholarship Amount: $500 to full tuition per term
- Who is Eligible? Students in the Concert Choir
- How to Apply: Contact Dr. Robert E. Lamb, Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities, at email@example.com or 321-433-7629
- Scholarship Amount: $500 per term
- Who is Eligible? Students involved in Theatre Rehearsal and Performance
- How to Apply: Contact Selena Ambush, Director of Theatre Arts, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-433-7384
A Chance to Get Involved
Studying in the Performing and Visual Arts Department not only provides you with a comprehensive education and diverse opportunities, but it also grants you access to exciting student clubs, such as the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) or the Titans Theatre Club. These clubs offer a supportive community, collaboration opportunities, and a chance to further enhance your artistic journey.
Unleash Your Talent on Stage
We believe that true artistic growth happens through active performance and ensemble participation. As a student, you'll have a wide range of ensemble and performance opportunities to showcase your talents. Whether it's joining a choral group, instrumental group, or theatre production, these experiences provide invaluable real-world training, foster collaboration, and allow you to shine on stage. We also take pride in giving our students the chance to showcase their talents beyond the campus. Through partnerships with local organizations and community events, you'll have the opportunity to perform and display your work, gaining valuable experience and connections in the industry.