Health Sciences Program Pathways
The Health Sciences Academic Community is a meta major pathway that can lead to careers in the fields of Sonography, Dental Assisting and Hygiene, Health Information Technology, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Vision Care, Nuclear Medicine, and other health science disciplines.
Gateway English Course: ENC 1101 English Composition 1
Gateway Math Courses: MAC 1105 College Algebra, OR MGF 1106 Math for Liberal Arts 1, OR MGF 1107 Math for Liberal Arts 2, OR STA 2023 Statistics
Eastern Florida State College has health science and nursing programs on multiple campuses and online.
EFSC Degrees and Certificates in the Health Sciences Pathway
Applied Health Sciences Bachelor of Applied Science Degree (BAS)
- Advanced Allied Health Specialization
- Biotechnology Specialization
- Biomedical Science Specialization
- Medical Sciences Imaging Specialization
- Veterinary Technology Specialization
RN to BSN: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Associate Degrees in the Business Academic Community
- Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.)
- Dental Assisting Technology and Management A.S.
- Dental Hygiene A.S.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography A.S.
- Healthcare Navigator A.S.
- Medical Assistant Advanced A.S.
- Medical Laboratory Technology A.S.
- Nursing RN A.S.
- Physical Therapist Assistant A.S.
- Radiography A.S.
- Respiratory Care A.S.
- Surgical Technology Services A.S.
- Transition to Associate Degree Nursing RN
- Veterinary Technology A.S.
Certificates in the Business Academic Community
- Adult and Pediatric Cardiac Sonography ATC
- Central Sterile Processing Technologist CCC (Only available as part of the Surgical Technology A.S. degree)
- Dental Assisting ATD
- Healthcare Navigator Specialist CCC
- Medical Assistant Specialist CCC
- Medical Coder/Biller ATD
- Medical Office Management CCC
- Mental Health Technician CTC
- Patient Care Assistant CTC
- Phlebotomy CTC
- Practical Nursing/LPN CTC
- Vascular Sonography ATC
- Veterinary Practice Management ATC
- Veterinary Assistant CCC