Explore health & nursing careers
You're in the right place if you're interested in any of the programs in the College's Nursing and Health Sciences Institute. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, occupations related to health care are projected to have the fastest job growth between 2010 and 2020. Education at Eastern Florida State college includes hands-on clinical experience so graduates are prepared for the job market.
Choose a program from the list below and start exploring.
Please Note: Beginning in January 2017, several programs will be moving to a new building on the Melbourne Campus. The list includes programs with careers practiced primarily in a hospital-based setting. Those programs moving to Melbourne are marked with an *
Nursing & Health Sciences Programs
- *Computed Tomography (CT) A.T.C.
- Dental Assisting A.T.D. (Health Sciences)
- Dental Assisting Technology & Management A.S. (Health Sciences)
- Dental Hygiene A.S. (Health Sciences)
- *Diagnostic Medical Sonography A.S.(Health Sciences)
- *Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) A.T.C.
- Medical Assistant C.C.C and A.S. (Nursing)
- Medical Information Coder/Biller C.C.C. (Health Sciences)
- Medical Laboratory Technology A.S. (Health Sciences)
- *Nursing/RN A.S. (Nursing)
- Patient Care Assistant PSAV (Nursing)
- Phlebotomy PSAV (Health Sciences)
- *Physical Therapist Assistant A.S.(Health Sciences)
- *Practical Nursing/LPN PSAV (Nursing)
- *Radiography A.S. (Health Sciences)
- *Respiratory Care A.S.(Health Sciences)
- *Surgical Technology (Nursing)
- Transition to RN
- Veterinary Technology A.S. (Health Sciences)
Nursing and Health Sciences Admissions & Advising, Cocoa Campus
1519 Clearlake Rd, Bldg 20, Rm 211
Cocoa, FL 32922
8 AM - 5 PM, Monday - Thursday
*Walk-in visits are preferred.
Please Note: A Health Science Advisor will be available at the Melbourne campus on Mondays, only. Due to peak registration, health science advising will not be available at the Palm Bay campus until further notice.
Limited Availability? Advising appointments are available.
Request Advising Appointment
To ensure you view the most recent version of each EFSC form, we recommend you refresh your browser window after opening the form or clear your browser's cache.
Eastern Florida State College complies with state and federal laws and does not deny equal access to individuals based on disability, race, ethnicity, color, genetics, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender preference, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, ancestry, or political affiliation. EFSC recognizes the rights of students and applicants with disabilities, including those with hepatitis B, under the protections of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Dr. Paulette Howell
Dean, Nursing & Health Sciences Institute
"EFSC is a great place for you to learn and grow as a healthcare professional. Whether you're pursuing a certificate, an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in health care, you will find what you are looking for here. Take a look at our programs and contact us for more information. Begin your ‘happily ever after’ …today."