Digital Badges at EFSC
What is a Digital Badge?
Digital badges help students highlight their credentials in the expanding online environment. These badges are electronic symbols used as micro-credentials to document skills and knowledge you've added through completing an EFSC course.
Digital badges offer students a new way to showcase their skills as they can be added to your social media, résumé, or job application site. See the Frequently Asked Questions section below for how to access an EFSC badge you might have earned, plus other badge FAQs.
All Florida state colleges (including EFSC) and state universities are now awarding digital badges under a new statewide plan which started with the 2022-23 academic year (Fall 2022). The badges begin with a communications course, and will eventually expand to include other general education core courses that demonstrate career readiness.
Benefits of Badges
- Build on skills to help differentiate students academically and professionally
- Showcase student achievements and competencies with employers when applying for a job
- Use in digital résumés and on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- Appear automatically on a student's official and unofficial college transcripts, making them easy to share
This is Eastern Florida State College's first digital badge. This badge conveys to future employers that students have acquired vital writtten communication skills needed for professional success. This includes the ability to communicate ideas, information, and perspectives clearly, adapt a message to different audiences and situations, and use the appropriate style to convey meaning in various written formats.
EFSC students earn this digital badge if they enrolled in ENC 1101 starting Fall 2022 or after, or took a course in which ENC 1101 is a prerequisite — plus successfully completed the course with a grade of “C” or better. The digital badge will be automatically awarded by EFSC when eligible students complete the course and meet the minimum requirements and the badge will be added to their official and unofficial transcripts.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will receive an email sent to your EFSC Titan Email account with the Subject “Congratulations, you earned a badge!” This email will come from “Eastern Florida State College email@example.com” and will include instructions for how to access your badge.
The Fundamentals of Written Communication digital badge will automatically be issued to students who received credit for ENC 1101 or a course in which ENC 1101 is a prerequisite with a “C” or higher beginning with Fall of 2022 or after.
Badges will not be issued to students who completed ENC 1101 or a course in which ENC 1101 is a prerequisite prior to Fall 2022.
You can access your account by either clicking the link in the email you received or by following the process below.
Visit the Eastern Florida Badgr access link and click on the "Sign in With Eastern Florida" button. When you are asked to sign in through Titan Single Sign-On, use your EFSC Titan email and password (the same information you use to access the myEFSC Portal).
If you have been awarded an EFSC badge, it will show in your account.
You’ll need to attach a different email to your Eastern Florida Digital Badges account after initially logging in. To do this you’ll need to log in to your EFSC Digital Badges with your existing Titan Sign in credentials (your student email and password).
- Then click on the profile icon on the top right and click the Organization Profile
- Click on the “Canvas Badges account settings” link to be directed to the Account Settings
- In the Account emails section click the "Add email" button and provide an alternate email (like a personal email), then click continue.
- A verification code will be sent to your alternate email. Go to that email account to access the code and enter it in the Verify Code window on your device.
- Click on Set password at the top right, and use the dropdown to choose the alternate email address. (Be sure you DO NOT change the password for your EFSC email address or you will no longer be able to use the Titan Single Sign In portal).
- Once the dropdown field shows your alternate email address, click continue.
- You will receive another verification code at that alternate email address, after entering it, create a unique password for this email account. Do not use your myEFSC password.
Once the alternate email address is set up, to log in to Badgr with this alternate email, you will need to use the unique password you created for that email.
You can also still log in with your Titan Student Email information as long as that access shows as linked in your Badgr account settings area.
Yes, you may print your badge.
- Log in to your Eastern Florida Digital Badges account
- Locate the badge you want to share and click the badge name.
- Go to the vertical three dot menu next to “Share” button and select “Print Certificate”.
No. You must earn the credit through a course taken at EFSC to be issued a badge. To earn the Fundamentals of Written Communication digital badge you must complete a course in which ENC 1101 is a prerequisite with a “C” or higher.
If you took ENC 1101 (or a course in which ENC 1101 is a prerequisite) at a Florida public postsecondary institution, then please contact that institution to determine their badge eligibility.
Showcasing your skills through a digital badge gives you a way to share your abilities online in a way that is simple, trusted, and can be easily verified by those you share the badge with.
Badges provide potential employers and your colleagues concrete evidence of what you had to do to earn the credential and the skills you are capable of putting to use on the job.