$10,000 Bachelor's Program
Answering the statewide Bachelor's Degree challenge
Eastern Florida State College is even more affordable for qualified students interested in pursuing the College's Bachelor degrees in Applied Health Sciences and Computer Information Systems Technology or the RN to BSN online degree. These three degrees have been made available at the low cost of no more than $10,000 in out-of-pocket costs for four years of study as students work toward first their associate's degree and then their bachelor's. The cost reduction is in support of former Gov. Rick Scott's challenge to Florida colleges to provide bachelor degrees in high-demand fields at a great value.
Initial Program Eligibility
Students must satisfy all of the following requirements to qualify for the $10,000 Bachelor's degree in Applied Health Sciences, Computer Information Systems Technology, or the RN to BSN program:
- Meet Florida residency requirements
- Have a cumulative 3.0 GPA in all completed college coursework including Dual Enrollment
- Provide high school transcripts (credits received through accelerated credit must not exceed 15 credits)
- Demonstrate status as First Time in College Student (not including dual enrollment courses)
- Complete required developmental classes
Program Acceptance and Ongoing Requirements
Eligible students must apply for the $10,000 Bachelor Degree Program by July 30 before the start of their freshman year as an associate degree student. For more information, students should contact the College's Bachelor's Degree Advisors via email at Bachelor@easternflorida.edu or by phone at 321-632-1111.
The Bachelor Degree advisor will assist with submitting the program application. Students must specify on the application which Bachelor Degree degree program they will pursue. Upon acceptance into the program, students must meet the following requirements on a continuing basis:
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA while enrolled in their Associate's degree program
- Apply for their specific Bachelor's specialization upon completion of their A.S. or A.A. program
- Maintain continuous enrollment as a full-time student at Eastern Florida State College taking a minimum of (12) credit hours each fall and spring term toward completion of an Associate's degree followed by the Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems Technology, Applied Health Sciences or the RN to BSN program at EFSC.
- Successfully complete each course with a grade of "C" or higher
- Adhere to the established program of study
How the Program Works
Students accepted into the program who successfully meet the ongoing requirements are eligible to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the programs offered for a total of no more than $10,000. Once the student’s total “out of pocket costs” reach $10,000, the EFSC Foundation bachelor's account will assume the remaining tuition costs. “Out of pocket costs” include payments to EFSC in the forms of cash, check, credit cards, Florida Pre-Paid Tuition Program payments or tuition-based loans. Not considered “out of pocket costs” are the following: Federal or State grants, Bright Future Scholarship awards, dual enrollment, Institutional and Foundation scholarships, waivers, and/or exemption fees related to parking, labs, non-resident charges, access, books, graduation, transcripts, full cost tuition, costs incurred at other institutions, course work taken more than once and courses taken in excess of 150 total credit hours. A degree audit is done to ensure continued eligibility in the program.