Skip to Content    Skip to Footer

How to Change Your Major

If you are receiving financial assistance, check with the Financial Aid or Military Services office before you change your major, as it could result in losing your funding.

You must also ensure that you meet the admissions requirements for the new academic major. For example, the new major may require additional placement testing. See a student advisor to ensure everything is in order for the new major.

Students applying for admission to Limited Access Programs, such as Nursing and Health Sciences, must apply through the appropriate department. Upon departmental approval and notification, students will be admitted to the appropriate program and their records will be revised accordingly.

To request a major change, complete the Major Code Change form and return the form to the campus Admissions and Records Office.