Due to last minute cancellations, a few housing rooms are available for Spring Term 2024 for both male and female students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and how to apply. Applications have not yet opened for Summer Term 2024 or the 2024-2025 academic year that begins with Fall Term 2024. Please check back for updates.
Student Housing at EFSC
Study and live on-campus at Eastern Florida State College! EFSC's two Residence Halls on the Melbourne Campus are fully air conditioned 96-bed facilities, divided into furnished suites with four individual bedrooms, two shared bathrooms, a shared full kitchen, and a common living room.
Housing Contract Overview and Take a Video Tour
Students accepted into on-campus housing through the application process must sign a contract by academic year, with residents who commit to two major terms (ie: Fall and Spring) having first preference for housing placement and first preference for the optional summer term. Fall-only or Spring-only contracts are available on a space available basis after full academic year residents have been placed.
Housing Related Dates
- Spring 2024 Move-In Date:
Thursday, January 4, 2024, 9 AM - 3 PM
- Spring 2024 Move-Out Date:
Friday, May 3, 2024, 9 AM - 3 PM
- Accommodations for Spring Term graduates can be made with proof of an RSVP for a May 9th Commencement Ceremony.
- Orientation for new residents is required and dates will be shared here and with residents as available.
Review the amenities in the accordion below, and use the links to view the application process, cost-related details, plus other information. Get in touch if you have questions.
Amenities & Resources
Residential Assistants, or RAs, are student/staff members living in the student housing community. Their primary objective is to assist residents in any way possible.
RAs can be among the most helpful and resourceful people you will get to know. Carefully selected because of their leadership and interpersonal skills, positive attitudes and sense of commitment, RAs have many roles and responsibilities. They help to build a sense of community in your student housing. They serve as a resource for information and tips on adjusting to college life. They conduct safety and security checks, and they ensure that student housing policies are followed.
Your RA is your main point of contact in the student housing. They will make an intentional effort to connect with you regularly over the year. You can talk with them about a variety of issues, and they will connect you with other staff and college resources if needed.
All living rooms in the student housing facility receive the basic cable offered in Brevard County at no additional charge. There is no wired cable in the bedrooms, only streaming via WiFi. Channel lineups will be available upon request.
A community laundry facility with energy- and water-efficient washers and dryers is located in Building 12, outside the main housing facility. Instructions for using the washers and dryers are posted. Weekends will most likely be the busiest times in the laundry room, so plan accordingly. The laundry area and all equipment should be left clean. To report a broken machine, please contact an RA to place a maintenance work order.
All suites and rooms are equipped with WiFi for wireless Internet access.
- Beds are Twin XL size (These are the longer twin beds that use size Twin XL bed linens)
- Decorations are allowed and encouraged if they do not create health and safety concerns, pose a fire hazard or cause damage to the room. Check the Student Housing Guide for more info and you can also speak to the Residential Assistant (RA) about permitted decorations.
- Appliances permitted in bedrooms are small microwaves, mini-refrigerators of 5 cubic feet or less plugged directly into the wall; and automatic shut-off coffeemakers.
- Personal appliances should require no more than 1,000 watts.
- See the Student Living Guide for additional details on extra appliances permitted in kitchens only.
Study rooms are located in Building 12 and the Student Union (Building 16) and are available for use by all EFSC students. These study rooms provide a tranquil retreat for residents looking for a place to study or complete group projects with little to no distraction.
Located in Building 12, plus in an outdoor area between Bldg. 12 and the residence halls, the recreation areas offer the perfect gathering spaces for EFSC students. Amenities in the recreation areas include:
- Pool table
- Gaming area
- Fitness room with threadmill, rowing machine and other equipment
- Lounge furniture
- Large, flat screen television
- Vending machines
- Outdoor pickleball courts, basketball courts and beach volleyball (Open 8 AM to 10 PM for EFSC students only)
Housing students can also use facilities in the Student Union (Building 16) when it's open.