Navigators to Success Program
Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
The Navigators to Success program at Eastern Florida State College is uniquely designed to fit the needs of students with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their transition to college life. Eighty percent of students with ASD have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (with 3.7 being the average), yet research suggests that only 39% of college students with ASD graduate. Students with ASD have so much potential, but often find it difficult to navigate the college atmosphere.
Summer 2023: Navigators to Success Program
The Summer 2023 Navigators to Success Program has ended. However, if you would like more information about next year’s program or want to ask about resources that are available to students with ASD, please contact Lisa Casillas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-433-5939.
This is a transition program that supports new, incoming, dual-enrolled, and first-time college students on the Autism Spectrum. The free program takes place over four weeks during the summer and focuses on specific areas such as social excellence, adaptation and regulation, time management and goal setting, career planning, and classroom and campus exploration.
Students engaged in a variety of activities, including workshops, guest speakers, practical application of presented topics, and weekly gaming tournaments — plus explored college orientation materials, participated in social exercises and skills training, as well as academic pathway exploration and more. Through this program, students will not only learn but also have fun and build a sense of community as they get ready to start College classes.
Sample Weekly Schedule:
- Mondays: Workshop and Presentation
- Tuesdays: Skills practice
- Wednesdays: EFSC Guest Speaker and a fun activity
- Thursdays: Gaming tournament, snacks, and one-on-one coaching
- Social Excellence: Explore student life and campus community engagement.
- Adaptation & Regulation: Gain skills for support-seeking and coping in college.
- Time Management & Goal Setting: Learn strategies for successful college planning and structure.
- Career Planning: Discover and expand on career interests through academic pathway exploration.
- Classroom & Campus Exploration: Navigate the waves of EFSC with expert guidance.
For questions about the program, contact Lisa Casillas at email@example.com or 321-433-5939.