A Rich History of Service Experience
Since our inception in 1988, more than 90,000 students have collectively served more than 3 million volunteer hours through the Center for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement. Our track record of pairing students with Service-Learning opportunities has made us one of the most respected programs in the United States.
For our commitment to volunteering and civic engagement, Eastern Florida State College has repeatedly been named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
Service-Learning Goals & Functions
• Recruit and place students in meaningful and educational community service positions
• Coordinate Service-Learning and Civic Engagement activities, programs and support services for students, employees and community organizations
• Administer grant projects
• Develop student and faculty incentives for community involvement
• Partner with the Brevard County School District and community organizations
• Administer American Reads, Citizen Scholar and Service-Learning Leader projects
The Center for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement at Eastern Florida State College empowers students, faculty and staff to serve society through community engagement that enriches learning, promotes civic literacy and contributes to the study of community needs and resources.