EFSC Housing Application Process
April 13, 2022 Update: EFSC's residence hall application system for Fall Term 2022 has closed. Application demand has exceeded the available space and a lengthy waitlist already exists. Students who previously applied should monitor their email for communication related to 2022-23 academic year housing contracts.
• To be eligible for on-campus housing, a student must be registered for a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours upon the move-in date for both of the major semesters (fall and spring). They must also be in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA at end of each term), have no unpaid obligations owing to the College, not be suspended (even temporarily) or expelled, or trespassed from College property.
• Room availability in on-campus student housing is limited. Students accepted into on-campus housing must sign a contract by academic year, with residents who commit to two major terms (ie: Fall and Spring) having first preference for housing placement and first preference for the optional summer term. Fall-only or Spring-only contracts are available on a space available basis after full academic year residents have been placed.
• Applications will be processed in the order they are received, and the application
fee must be paid within 14 calendar days of submitting an online application. If paying
by check, the envelope must be postmarked within 14 days of submitting the application. If you prefer to mail in your Housing Application Fee, send the check (payable to
"EFSC Student Housing Corporation") to:
Lena Copeland, Director of Support Services
Eastern Florida State College
3865 North Wickham Road, Building 16, Room 104
Melbourne, FL 32935
• To apply for on-campus student housing, a student must complete a two-step process
that includes submitting the housing application online and paying the non-refundable*
$150 application fee. The application and payment links are only available here when
the application is open.
• Applications with timely paid application fees (i.e. paid or postmarked within 14 days of application submission) will be considered in the order in which they are received. Applications with late or no application fees will not be considered “received” until such time as the application fee is actually received.
• Any application not offered a housing spot prior to the start of the term will be kept on file for future availability, which will be offered in the initial order of receipt.
• Students who apply for on-campus housing, including timely payment of the application fee, during a time when rooms have already been filled will be notified by email of their status on the waiting list.
*Housing Application Fee Notice: Applicants not offered a housing spot prior to the start of the term may withdraw their application and request a full refund of the $150 housing application fee. Once a housing spot has been offered to an applicant, the housing application fee is non-refundable for any reason.