Fitness Facilities at Eastern Florida
EFSC's four campuses all offer fitness facilities on site; hours and entry requirements vary by location. Choose your campus from the tabbed box below for more information.
Location: Bldg. 18
Hours (Check YMCA website as hours are subject to change)
Monday-Thursday: 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Friday: 5:30 AM - 8 PM
Saturday: 8 AM - 4 PM
Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 5:30 AM - 1 PM & 4 PM - 7:30 PM
Tuesday & Thursday: 5:30 AM - 12 PM & 4 PM - 7:30 PM
Saturday: 8 AM - 3 PM
Please note that a YMCA membership is required to use this facility. A discount is available for EFSC students, faculty and staff, and their families.
Location: Melbourne Campus, Northwest Corner off Post Rd.
Open seven days a week from 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM
Use of the courts is free for current EFSC students, faculty and staff, with paid memberships available for the public, including discounted rates for EFSC alumni. Visit the Tennis Center website for more information.
Student and Faculty Weight Room
Location: Bldg. 6, Rm. 111 (Gymnasium)
Monday-Thursday: 7 AM - 7 PM
Friday: 7 AM - 12 PM
Proper gym attire with closed-toe shoes is required. You will also need to show a
student or faculty ID.
The Student and Faculty Weight Room contains three treadmills, an elliptical trainer, a Smith machine, two free weight power racks, a cable crossover machine, a leg press machine and nine weight machines. The weight machines include machine row, Nautilus pulldowns, leg extensions, leg machine for outer and inner thighs, pulldown machine, chest press, bicep curls and tricep pushdowns. Additionally, there are dumbbells ranging from five pounds to 80 pounds (in five-pound increments), a dip station and an abdominal bench.
Please come by the gym during operating hours, and a weight room attendant will give you a tour or assist you in operating any of the machines.
For more information, please contact Jessica Matheny at email@example.com, or call the weight room at 321-433-5485.
Location: Bldg. 3, Rm. 122
Monday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Please note that you must be at least 18 years of age to use the Wellness Center, and EFSC students must bring a valid student ID. Click here to read additional Wellness Center policies.
Location: Bldg. 4, Rm. 150 (Gymnatorium)
Monday: 1 PM - 7 PM
Tuesday: 1 PM - 7 PM
Wednesday: 1 PM - 3 PM
Thursday: 1 PM - 5 PM
- A current signed consent form on file (available in the Fitness Center)
- Valid student ID
- A class schedule showing current enrollment
- Appropriate gym attire
- A towel
- Cardio: Treadmills (2), elliptical, stair climber, stationary bikes (2), spin cycle
- Free Weight: Bench, incline bench, squat rack, dumbbells (2-50 lbs.), kettlebells (5-30 lbs.), medicine balls (6-30 lbs.), olympic barbells and EZ curl bar with plates
- Calisthenic: Punching bag and speed bag, abdominal bench, vertical knee raise/dip station, yoga mats with blocks and straps, stability balls (3), stretch trainer, aerobic steps, ab roller wheel, weighted hula hoops, jump ropes
- Cable/Machine: Body Solid cable crossover, row machine, high pulley, low pulley, assisted pullup/dip machine, leg curl, leg press, chest press
The indoor basketball court is accessible by registering at the Fitness Center. Basketballs are available for use.
Students may request a locker through the Fitness Center. Locks are not provided. A full list of rules and regulations is available in the Fitness Center.
For more information, please contact Cheryl Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org.