COVID Update:

EFSC has returned to normal pre-COVID operations, with full capacity on-campus classes and events. Click for the COVID Reporting Requirements and the Return to Campus Approval Process which remain in place. See the Student Services Guide for on-campus services available on a walk-in basis or by appointment, plus virtual options. Read the latest updates.

EFSC Parking Related Common Questions & Answers

Click for common questions & answers

Question 1:  How do I get a student parking permit?

To register a vehicle and purchase a parking permit, students must follow these steps:

  1. Log in to myEFSC and select the Titan Web icon
  2. Click on “Student Services”, and then click on “Parking Permits” and the "Request a Permit".
  3. Students either must select a vehicle that's already registered at EFSC, or add a new vehicle to the registry.
  4. Click "Submit" once the parking permit request is complete. Your account will be charged $40 plus tax if purchased during a Fall term for the academic year (Fall, Spring and Summer Terms). Permits purchased in Spring or Summer Term will charge $20 plus tax. The permit cost will be charged to your student account.
  5. Titan Web Services will provide a temporary parking permit, which students can print and display on the left-hand side of the vehicle's dashboard for seven days.
  6. Prior to its expiration, the temporary parking permit must be exchanged at a Campus Security Office for the stick-on parking permit to avoid citations. Security Offices are open 24 hours, and officers are also happy to assist students with the permit process if they have trouble accessing the online system.

View more information about the student parking permit process.

Question 2:  How do I get a faculty or staff parking permit?

Login to the myEFSC portal, using Username and Password then:

  • Choose Titan Web from left column
  • Click on “Employee”, and then click on “Parking Permits”.
  • Click on “Request a Permit”. Enter in the required information and follow the prompts.
  • Print the Temporary Parking Permit and take the print out to a campus security office.

Question 3:  Can I switch parking permits between vehicles?

No. Parking permits are non-transferable. One permit per vehicle. The permits are not registered to the student; they are registered to the vehicle.

Question 4:  I dropped my classes or decided not to attend EFSC. Can I get my money back for a parking permit?

Class withdrawal/cancellation - The permit cost will be refunded if the permit was purchased prior to attending classes and a student withdraws from classes, or if classes are cancelled and a student will not be attending any other classes on Eastern Florida State College campuses. The parking permit must be returned to the Campus Security Office to obtain a refund.

Question 5:  I lost my parking permit, it was stolen, it came off at the car wash, I got a new vehicle, my vehicle was in an accident and totaled - do I have to pay for another parking permit?

  • Vehicle replacement - If a student purchased a parking permit for a vehicle that becomes inoperable, or if a student purchases a different vehicle within the period of validity of the purchased permit, a new permit will be issued without additional cost, and the old permit will become invalid.
  • Vehicle involved in a crash - If a student's current EFSC-registered vehicle becomes disabled due to a traffic crash, he or she will be issued a new permit for a new vehicle without additional cost, and the old permit will become invalid. A written statement detailing the facts and circumstances may be required. If a student's vehicle is temporarily disabled, he or she will be issued a temporary permit at no cost while the vehicle is being repaired.
  • Lost or stolen permit - If a student's current EFSC parking permit is lost or stolen, he or she may be required to provide a written statement detailing the facts and circumstances. If within the period of validity of the purchased permit, a new permit will be issued without additional cost, and the old permit will become invalid.
  • Damaged/replaced window - If a student's rear window becomes damaged and needs replacing, he or she will be issued a new permit without cost, and the old permit will become invalid. A written statement detailing the facts and circumstances may be required.

Question 6:  When may I get a student parking decal?

Student parking permits are always available in each of the Security Offices on each of the campuses.

Question 7:  Do I need to request and pay for a parking permit if I am only registered for one class?

Yes. All students, regardless of the program (CC, VC, continuing ed or leisure classes, Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions, ESOL), who wish to bring a vehicle on campus are required to purchase a parking decal.

Question 8:  Do I need a parking permit if I take my classes through Eastern Florida Online (eLearning)?

Yes. If you will be bringing a vehicle on campus for any reason (hybrid class, proctored testing or tutoring for example), you will be required to obtain a parking permit.

Question 9:  Do I need to request a parking permit if I carpool, take the bus or get dropped off for classes?

No. Only those students who wish to park their vehicles on campus are required to purchase a parking permit.

Question 10:  I have more than one vehicle that I may bring on campus. Do I have to purchase a permit for it?

Yes. If you will regularly bring a vehicle on campus, you must purchase a parking permit for that vehicle if you are a student. Faculty and staff must request permits for each vehicle they drive to work. Permits are non-transferable.

Question 11:  How much do the parking permits cost?

Annual student parking decals are $40 (plus tax) and will be good for Fall, Spring and Summer Terms during an academic year. After Fall Term, a Summer/Spring Decal is available for $20 (plus tax) when purchased in either Spring or Summer Term. Faculty and Staff do not pay for parking permits.

Question 12:  How long are the parking permits good for? What is the expiration date on parking permits?

Student parking permits are valid for a year or until the permits expiration date if purchased after a Fall Term. Student parking permits follow an academic year (adjacent Fall, Spring and Summer Terms) not a calendar year.

Question 13:  Where can I get a permit once I have the temporary parking permit?

Students may pick up their parking decals in the Campus Security Office on each campus.

Question 14:  I have a rental/loaner car, what can I do so I don’t get a ticket?

Temporary Parking Passes are available in the Security Offices of each campus, povided you have a valid parking permit on file.

  • Make sure to obtain a temporary parking pass prior to class or work.
  • Temporary parking passes may be written up to 30 days. Duration of the pass is up to the discretion of the Security Office.

Question 15:  What is the deadline for having a parking permit on my vehicle each term?

All students must have a minimum of a temporary parking permit by the end of first week of classes of each term.

Students who fail to obtain a permit by the end of the first week of classes will be written citations by the Security Offices.

Question 16:  What are the consequences for not having a proper permit?

All vehicles parked on EFSC property without a valid parking permit face traffic citations for the violation.

  • Parking citations are given for each occurrence with the published fine for each infraction.
  • Failure to pay traffic citations will impact the student’s ability to progress in their studies, obtain grades and transcripts and graduate.

Question 17:  Do I need a parking permit if I am attending a public event or am a visitor to the campus?

No. Parking permits are not needed to attend public events or visiting on EFSC campuses. However, there may be a need for a temporary or event permit for your vehicle. This is determined by the Chief of Collegewide Security and the Event Coordinator.

Question 18:  I feel that I received a traffic citation in error. Can I contest or appeal the citation?

Yes. All parking permits and traffic citation disputes shall be directed to the Campus Sergeant for consideration and resolution.