NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Contact: John J. Glisch, Associate Vice President, Communications
EFSC Honors Employees for Exemplary Performance
August 26, 2020 - Ten Eastern Florida State College employees have been named STARS Award winners for their exemplary performance during the past academic year.
The letters in STARS stand for Superlative, Teamwork, Attitude, Responsibility and Service. The employees selected have demonstrated these qualities in the most positive way every day and were nominated by their co-workers.
"Our employees are the lifeblood of EFSC, and to recognize their accomplishments in this manner is important to preserving the positive culture being created across all of our campuses," said Dr. Randy Fletcher, V.P., Academic and Student Affairs and Chief Learning Officer.
"These employees provide such a wonderful example of dedication and commitment to student success. I commend their diligence and effort."
The winners represent all four campuses as well as college-wide services. They are:
• Cheryl Whalen, Specialist, Library
• Kathy Driver-Kelly, Specialist, Call Center
• Eugene (Johnny) Johnson, Programmer Analyst, Information Technologies
• Lascelles (LJ) Lee, Instructional Support Specialist, Academic Technology
• Sherry Van Winkle, Administrative Support Specialist, Provost Office
• Jessica Matheny, Student Life Coordinator, Associate Provost Office
Palm Bay Campus
• Bobbi Gore, Administrative Support Assistant, Provost Office
• Karen Loffler, Learning Lab Coordinator, Academic Success Center
• Katie Monfet, Assistant Manager, Web and Social Media, Communications Office
• Bill White, AVP, Chief Information Officer, Information Technologies