NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Contact: John J. Glisch, Associate Vice President, Communications
EFSC Employees Honored as STARS Winners
August 9, 2018 - Ten Eastern Florida State College employees were named STARS Award winners Thursday for their exemplary performance during the past year.
The honors were announced by college Vice President Dr. Linda Miedema during the annual Welcome Back program for faculty and staff to kick-off the 2018-19 academic year.
The event was held at the King Center for the Performing Arts on the Melbourne Campus.
The letters in STARS stand for Superlative, Teamwork, Attitude, Responsibility and Service.
“The dedication of these employees demonstrates the commitment that college staff show every day in helping our students meet their goals and succeed,” said Miedema. “They are a model for all of us to follow.”
The winners are:
- Jocelyn Crim, Administrative Support for the eLearning Department Chairs on the Titusville campus
- Michelle Maseman, Coordinator for the Center for Teaching Excellence on the Titusville campus
- Denise Haynes, Administrative Support for Liberal Arts, Communications, Foreign Languages and Performing and Visual Arts on the Cocoa campus
- Donna Lake, Programmer/Analyst for the Department of Planning and Assessment on the Cocoa campus
- Robert Ham, Administrative Support for Math and Technologies on the Melbourne campus
- Charlie Rousseau, Security Officer on the Melbourne campus
- Daniel Ashley, Information Technologies Support Technician on the Palm Bay campus
- Jessica Antus, Career and Technical Program Specialist for the Public Safety Institute on the Palm Bay campus
- Doug Bryan, Coordinator of the Office of Collegewide Printing and Graphics
- Jessica Dillow, Collegewide Coordinator for Accessibility
The Welcome Back event also included an update on the College's progress from President Dr. Jim Richey. Read more about Richey's remarks.