NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Contact: John J. Glisch, Associate Vice President, Communications
EFSC Teams Up With Florida Today on Candidate Forums
July 13, 2022 - Eastern Florida State College is partnering with Florida Today to televise a series of candidate forums in July and August that will provide the public a front row seat on important local issues in the 2022 elections.
The first five sessions will focus on Brevard County School Board and Brevard County Commission races before the Aug. 23 Primary. An August forum will focus on a Congressional race and more forums are possible later in the campaign season.
The events will be moderated by Florida Today Engagement Editor John Torres.
Florida Today, in conjunction with the Space Coast League of Women Voters, will pre-record the sessions and EFSC will broadcast them on WEFS-TV.
Here is the TV schedule:
• Brevard County School Board, District 5: Tuesday, July 19, 7 p.m. (Rescheduled from
• Brevard County School Board, District 1: Wednesday, July 20, 7 p.m.
• Brevard County School Board, District 2: Thursday, July 21, 7 p.m.
• Brevard County Commission, District 2: Monday, July 25, 7 p.m.
• Brevard County Commission, District 4: Thursday, July 28, 7 p.m.
• U.S. House District 8, Democratic Primary Candidates: Thursday, August 4, 7 p.m.
The forums mark a near 20-year partnership between the college and the local newspaper Florida Today to give citizens a chance to see the candidates in action.
Since they began in 2004, hundreds of candidates have participated to discuss local, state and national issues.
EFSC has also opened its doors to presidential campaigns on four occasions.
In 2008, then-Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain both campaigned at the college during their race for the White House.
In 2012, former President Bill Clinton and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich also brought presidential contests to the college.
For more information on the 2022 forums, contact John Glisch, Associate Vice President for Communications, at email@example.com or (321) 433-7017.