NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Contact: Suzanne A. Sparling, APR, CPRC
Eastern Florida Health Science Students Earn Scholarships
September 17, 2019 - The Brevard Heart Foundation recognized six Eastern Florida State College health science students with more than $8,500 in scholarships Tuesday at a special presentation on the EFSC Melbourne Campus.
The scholarships were presented to the following students:
- Stephanie Wilmerton (RN), Nancy Meisenheimer Nursing Award
- Mildred Casseus (RN), Medical Transition Scholarship
- Zandra Johnson (BSN), Nursing Merit Award
- Bradley Voltaire (ADN), Nursing Merit Award
- Christy Calhoun, Nursing (RN) Scholarship Award
- A'maris Smith, Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Scholarship
Representatives from the Brevard Heart Foundation included Travis Proctor, president; Chris White, scholarship co-chair; and Bridget Perers, scholarship co-chair.
“On behalf of the Brevard Heart Foundation, it is always a pleasure to have the opportunity to work with Eastern Florida State College and its nursing programs,” said Travis Proctor.
“We have awarded hundreds of scholarships to nursing students earning their education at EFSC because we believe the programming here and the students to be of the highest caliber.”
“Our goal is to support student success in the hope that they will repay that investment in service to the Brevard community with a caring heart after they graduate.”
The Brevard Heart Foundation has provided more than $500,000 in medical student scholarships in Brevard County over the past 30 years.