NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Contact: John J. Glisch, Associate Vice President, Communications
EFSC Fall Term Features Six New Bachelor Degree Tracks
August 6, 2019 - Eastern Florida State College students returning to class Aug. 12 will have six new Bachelor Degree tracks to choose from in Business and Health Care.
The offerings bring the number of EFSC four-year tracks to 24 as more students continue enrolling, often those already in the workforce returning to campus to advance their careers.
“Our new Bachelor tracks with all our other four-year programs are helping students get better jobs and providing businesses with skilled employees. That’s a win-win,” said college President Dr. Jim Richey.
“Furthermore, with classes available on campus and many completely online, students have great flexibility to weave their studies into their busy lives.”
About 16,000 students are expected when the college begins its Fall Term on the Titusville, Cocoa, Melbourne and Palm Bay campuses and on Eastern Florida Online.
The new tracks are in the Bachelor of Applied Science degrees in Organizational Management for Business and Applied Health Sciences. They are:
Travel and Tourism Management
- Job opportunities in this field start along the Space Coast and span the world, including the theme parks in nearby Orlando and Port Canaveral cruise ship lines.
- The World Travel and Tourism Council says 10 percent of global employment is tied to the industry, such as airlines, hotels, resorts, theme parks and ecotourism.
Event Planning and Management
- This is another track with growing employment prospects, with the U.S. government estimating that jobs in the field will increase 11 percent by 2026.
- The tourism mecca of Orlando is just one example, ranking as the nation’s top meeting destination five years in a row.
- Students can combine business skills with a passion of helping others in this important field.
- They will learn how to raise funds through philanthropic giving campaigns and grants, and put community and public relations skills to use to plan events, and recruit and manage volunteers.
Medical Imaging, CT, MRI and Vascular Sonography
- The program is solely for the continued education of licensed medical imaging professionals and an on-campus Vascular Sonography track has been added to the choices.
- Coursework for CT and MRI is available in a convenient, fully online format that fits the need for flexible schedules.
Medical Imaging Informatics/PACS
- Informatics is central to the health care industry to securely store and digitally transmit electronic images and reports.
- Administration of a large, intricate PACS database requires knowledge of medical technology to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of imaging data.
- The program builds on skills acquired in the workplace or through previous coursework for credentialed veterinary technicians/nurses.
- Students will study animal nutrition, pharmacology and infectious and zoonotic disease detection, diagnosis, prevention and control.
For more information on all EFSC programs, visit easternflorida.edu