How-to Access Career Center Assistance via Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is easy (and free) for anyone to access and is part of the Outlook 365 student email package. EFSC Career Center staff will be available virtually in Teams from 8 AM and 5 PM Monday through Thursday.
Follow the steps below to enter and navigate the Career Center virtual environment. Please make sure you are using the latest version of Chrome or Microsoft Edge as your web browser.
1. Once you've clicked the Career Center Teams link it will prompt you to open Microsoft Teams. Choose to open it through the web app unless you have downloaded the Windows app.
2. If prompted, follow the steps to log in to your Outlook 365 student email account and wait while your device enters into the virtual Career Center Services area. (Here's a reminder on email log-in if you need it.)
Please note: If you were already logged in to your Outlook 365 student email account when you clicked the link, just wait while it redirects you to the Teams area.
3. The first time visiting, you'll need to join the Career Center Services team by clicking the blue "Join" button in the small pop-up box. You can also hover over the team you want to join on the dashboard and click the "Join" button that will appear.
If the dashboard is not showing when you log in, click the "Join or create a team" button next to the small gear icon and that will show Teams you can join.
4. Once inside the Career Center team, be sure you are in the "General" channel and use the chat bar at the bottom to "Start a new conversation" and ask for assistance. For example, type "I'm here to discuss how to choose a career." And if there's a specific person you'd like to work with, include that request in your chat.
5. A Career Center staff member will reply and move the conversation to a private chat to discuss the options with you, which include scheduling a private meeting inside Teams. If you so choose, you can either video or audio call right inside Teams. Remember that Teams is part of your Outlook 365 package, so you'll want to check your Titan student email account frequently for any messages related to a virtual Team.
6. If your session requires you to share a document: To submit your documentation as an attachment while on a call, you must first open the chat box. To open the chat, click the button along the bottom that looks like a text bubble.
7. After you open the chat, you will click on the paperclip icon at the bottom of the chat box to open the file explorer within your computer. Go to the folder in your computer where the file is located and then double click on the file to attach it to the chat.
8. Once you've joined one or more Teams, you can click the "Teams" button in the blue navigation bar if needed to show the dashboard with your teams — then click the box you want to open it.
The Career Center staff looks forward to seeing you online!