EFSC Student and Alumni Career Café Virtual Job Fairs
Eastern Florida State College's Career Planning and Development Center is hosting single employer virtual job fairs through the easy-to-use Handshake Portal. All Career Cafés are open to current students and EFSC alumni.
Health First Virtual Career Café
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
1 PM to 3 PM
Health First operates four hospitals, a physician's medical group, insurance plans, and multiple outpatient and wellness facilities across the Space Coast. They are interviewing for clinical and non-clinical positions within Health First. You must register for the Health First job fair event in Handshake by following the numbered steps below. Once you've signed up, you will be able to schedule specific sessions with Health First representatives.
If you don't have access to a computer with a microphone and webcam for the virtual Career Café event, schedule a slot in any of the four Career Centers to use our computers in a professional environment, free of distractions, with a reliable Internet connection. Email your campus to request a reservation:
- Cocoa Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melbourne Campus: email@example.com
- Palm Bay Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Titusville Campus: email@example.com
- Sign in to Handshake, and register for one or more job fair events. Click the Virtual Career Café of your choice above, and you will be directed to log
in to Handshake using your Titan Single Sign-On credentials. To complete your event
registration, click the register button. You will receive an email confirmation of
- Complete your profile following this guide from Handshake. If you've used Handshake before but haven't logged in for a while, the system may
simply prompt you to update your information, whereas new users must start from scratch.
Be sure to select "community" instead of "private" when you set the visibility of
your profile. To maximize your chances of getting hired, it's important to fill out
all of the sections — and don't forget to upload your resume! If you don't have one,
you can book a Career Center appointment for help getting started.
- Sign up for group and individual sessions. You'll have the opportunity to browse and follow employers' profiles in advance, as
well as to arrange times to meet with them. Simply click the available sessions tab to see a list of available sessions, select the sessions you want, and click confirm.
You can sign up for sessions up to one minute before their scheduled start times.
You should sign up for the introductory group session that allows up to 50 students to simultaneously meet with an employer to learn more
about open positions, company culture, and ask questions. Also sign up for a one-on-one session which allows you to chat privately with a potential employer. These individual sessions
may be scheduled in advance (recommended if you know you're interested and because
space is limited) or as a follow-up to a group session (pending employer availability).
- Connect! On the day of the career café, log in to Handshake to attend your sessions at their scheduled times. You can also review these day-of tips from Handshake to make the most of your experience. All sessions can be conducted using Handshake video, audio, or text-based chat; employers and students can individually determine how they would like to connect.
For more information, contact Heather Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-433-7091. And if you want to use an on-campus Career Center computer for the Career Café, see the info on how to make a reservation.