- Tuition & Fees
- Tuition Reduction and Waivers
Fee Discounts, Exemptions, Reductions & Waivers
Click each choice to view details
EFSC Employee Tuition Exemption
Eastern Florida State College's Tuition Reimbursement Program is offered to full-time faculty and staff, regular part-time employees and adjunct faculty. Visit the Human Resources Department's Tuition Reimbursement web page for information.
State of Florida Employee Tuition Waiver
Per F.S. Section 1009.265, EFSC will waive tuition for state employees to enroll for up to 6 credit hours of courses per term on a space-available basis. For purposes of this waiver, employees of the State include employees of the executive, legislative and judicial branches of state government, except for persons employed by a state university.
Guidelines & Procedure
- State employees are responsible for paying the one time non-refundable admissions application fees.
- State employees must complete all admissions requirements, including the application for admission, placement testing, transcripts, proof of prerequisites, etc.
- State employees must register in-person. The tuition waiver is only valid when a student registers on or after the first day of classes for the term, and no later than the last day to drop a class with a refund, as published in the EFSC Important Term Dates. Registration is for classes on a space available basis only.
- State employees must register with an academic advisor and complete the Add/Drop Registration Planning Form.
- Student must take the signed state employment verification form to the Cashier’s office to receive the waiver and pay any applicable fees.
- The State employee tuition & fee waiver is valid for a maximum of six credits per semester. Waiver is for college credit or clock-hour courses only; it is not applicable to non-credit (continuing education) courses. Student is responsible for any additional fees such as lab fees, parking permits, citations, fines and Access fee.
Florida Classroom Teacher Tuition Waiver
Per F.S. Section 1009.26(10), EFSC will waive tuition for Florida classroom teachers to enroll for up to 6 credit hours of courses per term on a space-available basis. For purposes of this waiver, classroom teachers are defined as “staff members assigned the professional activity of instructing students in courses in classroom situations, including basic instruction, exceptional student education, career education, and adult education.”
Guidelines & Procedure
- Florida classroom teachers are required to complete an application for admission, pay the one time non-refundable application fee, and complete the Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes Declaration.
- Florida classroom teachers must complete all admission requirements for their chosen degree prior to registering for classes. Teachers enrolling in a degree-seeking program (A.A., A.S., etc.) must provide official transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Teachers enrolling in a non-degree seeking major are not required to provide transcripts.
- Florida classroom teachers must register only during the add/drop period published in the EFSC Important Term Dates. Registration is for classes on a space available basis only. This waiver is not valid for summer term.
- Florida classroom teachers must complete the Florida Classroom Teacher Tuition Waiver form and submit, with the school principal's signature, to the Admissions and Records office on their local campus. A new letter must be submitted each term the teacher will take classes. Admissions will register the student, and make a copy of the waiver form.
- Student must submit the tuition waiver form to the Admissions/Records office. The student is responsible for paying any applicable fees.
- The Florida classroom teacher tuition waiver is valid for a maximum of six credits per semester. Waiver is limited to specific undergraduate courses approved by the Florida Department of Education. Student is responsible for any additional fees such as lab fees, parking permits, citations, fines and Access fee. This Florida Department of Education document contains the Course Prefix Listing approved for the teacher waiver.