Enrollment & Degree Verification
Due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus emergency, EFSC is unable to provide in-person pick-up of enrollment verification until further notice. All enrollment verifications will be mailed directly to the recipient and address provided by the student. See the online service information below and if you need to contact the Registrar's Office, send all requests to email@example.com
Online Service Available
Eastern Florida State College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment verification certificates and degree verifications through its online Student Self-Service program. This service is available 24 hours, 7 days a week through the myEFSC Student Services Portal.
- Current students may login to myEFSC Portal to print, save or email a FREE official enrollment verification certificate.
- If you are required to submit an attachment to the request, a specific form is required to be completed. Fill out the EFSC Enrollment Verification Request form and upload it to your Student Document Dropbox in your myEFSC Portal.
- Enrollment verification letters will not be faxed, mailed or emailed to the student.
EFSC certifies student enrollment per semester after the Add/Drop period, using the following guidelines. Students should be aware that dropping or withdrawing classes may change your enrollment status:
- (FT) Full Time : 12 or more credit hours
- (QT) 3/4 Time: 9 - 11.99 credit hours
- (HT) Half Time: 6 - 8.99 credit hours
- (LT) Less Than Half Time: Under 6 credit hours
Students enrolled in Vocational/Clock-Hour Programs will be certified as follows:
- FT (full time) classes meeting 300 or more hours per term
- QT (quarter time) classes meeting 225 – 299 hours per term
- HT (half time) classes meeting 150 – 224 hours per term
- LT (less than half) classes meeting 1 – 149 hours per term
- Current term Enrollment Verifications will not be available until approximately two weeks after the EFSC Add/Drop deadline.
- If a student has an “Enrollment Verification” hold on his or her record, the request will not be processed
- Courses that are dropped, withdrawn, audited or continuing education classes do not count in credit hours toward enrollment verification
- Phone requests for enrollment verifications cannot be honored
- Enrollment verification letters will not be faxed to the student
- If you are required to submit an attachment to the request, a specific form is required to be completed by the college, fill out the EFSC Enrollment Verification Request form and submit it with your information.
Difference between Enrollment Verification and a Transcript
Enrollment verification is requested routinely by parents, insurance companies, scholarship providers, employers and loan companies who require proof of your student standing, that is, whether you are currently enrolled or not. All enrollment verifications contain student's name, dates of current term, enrollment status and anticipated graduation date.
Former students needing to prove enrollment or students needing course, degree and/or GPA information should order a transcript.
Enrollment & Degree Verification Processes
Enrollment & Degree Verification Processes
Currently Enrolled Students
The National Student Clearinghouse is the official provider of enrollment and degree
certifications for Eastern Florida State College. Enrollment certifications from NSC
are considered official documentation of enrollment.
Requests can be made to the National Student Clearinghouse through the myEFSC Student Services Portal, which can provide instant enrollment verifications. Information is available approximately two weeks after the last day to add or drop a class in the term.
Benefits of Enrollment Verification Student Self-Service
- Service is free for current students
- Available 24/7
- Print enrollment verification certificates for health insurers and other organizations
- Find out when deferment notices were sent to your student lenders
- View your enrollment history
- View the proofs of enrollment sent on your behalf to student self service providers
- Obtain a list of your student loan holders
- Link to real-time information on your student loans
The fastest way to get an enrollment verification is through the National Student Clearinghouse self-service option described above for “Currently Enrolled Students.” Letters or other forms of enrollment verification are processed by the Office of the Registrar and may take up to ten business days.
To request an enrollment verification letter, you must:
- Download and complete the Enrollment Verification Request form
• Form must be completed and signed legibly, in ink
• Attach any other documents that you need included with the letter
- Include the complete name and address where the verification is to be sent.
- Submit the completed Enrollment Verification Request form, along with applicable
attachments, using one of the following procedures:
• In person to any campus Admissions and Records Office, or
• Via Student Dropbox: login to myEFSC and click on Student Dropbox, select Office of the Registrar, and upload the completed, scanned form
• Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (legible copy of photo ID required with the completed, scanned form)
• Via fax to 321-433-7172 (legible copy of photo ID required with the completed, scanned form)
• Via US Mail to: Office of the Registrar, EFSC Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2, Rm 202, 1519 Clearlake Rd, Cocoa, FL 32922 (legible copy of photo ID required with the completed form)
- Incomplete or non-legible forms will not be accepted for processing.
- If you request a manual/paper verification, it will be mailed to the address you provide.
- If you request to pick up the verification, you will be called to pick up the document from the Office of the Registrar, Cocoa Campus Bldg. 2-202.
- Photo ID is required for whomever is picking up the document.
Any release of academic information to a third party requires the student's permission. Eastern Florida State College has approved the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications to authorized third parties. Businesses and employers may request verifications at:
Mail: National Student Clearinghouse / 13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300 / Herndon, VA 20171