Federal Work-Study Opportunities at EFSC
The Federal Work-Study program provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. Jobs are on-campus, with the exception of reading tutors working at various Brevard Public Schools. Work-study jobs offer flexible hours that accommodate class and exam schedules.
- Meet the general financial aid eligibility criteria.
- Have financial need.
- Eligible students are offered $3,000 in work-study funds.
- The Office of Financial Aid might have to reduce your loan eligibility to offer work-study.
- To earn work-study funds, you must have the skills required for an available position, complete an interview and be hired.
- Before you may begin working, you must be fingerprinted and pass a background check.
- You are NOT permitted to work during scheduled class hours.
- If hired for a work-study position, you will receive a bi-weekly paycheck based on your hourly wage and the number of hours worked during the pay period.
- You will not be able to use your work-study award to pay your EFSC bill, as it is due before the term begins. Work-study funds are earned over the course of the term.
- You may work up to 20 hours a week.
Applying for a Work-Study Job
There are a few steps to apply for a work-study job.
- Request Work-Study Eligibility from the Financial Aid Office
Submit the online "Aid Change Request Form" and select "Work-Study Request" as the reason you're completing the form and "22-23" as the Academic Year. The "Aid Change Request Form" is available after logging into myEFSC in the Financial Aid Forms & Upload area. A Financial Aid Specialist will review your account and you will receive an email notification about whether or not you are eligible. If you already accepted student loans, EFSC might need to reduce your loan eligibility to make room for work-study. Work-study requires financial need, so not all students qualify.
- Inquire about Available Positions
Review the table below for available positions. Call the Campus Administrator’s Office on the campus on which you want to work at the phone number listed below.
The Campus Administrator’s Office or your potential supervisor will interview you to determine if you have the skills, qualifications, and availability for the job. Remember – you cannot work during hours that conflict with your class schedule!
- Complete Background Check and Paperwork
If the Campus Administrator’s Office and/or potential supervisor select you as the final candidate, you’ll need to complete additional paperwork and visit EFSC Campus Security to be fingerprinted for a background check. Work-study students cannot be hired until their background checks are reviewed and approved by Human Resources. After your background check is completed, you’ll be notified of the final hiring decision.
|Off-Campus||No positions are currently available for the Titan Tutors Program.
Academic Success Center (4)
|Cocoa Campus Administrator's Office
|Melbourne Campus Administrator's Office
|Palm Bay Campus||
Collegewide Behavioral Sciences & Education
|Palm Bay Campus Administrator's Office
Academic Success Center (2 positions)
|Titusville Campus Administrator's Office