Financial Aid Priority Deadlines
Eastern Florida State College wants to help ensure your aid package is not impacted by missed deadlines. EFSC must receive the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), along with any additional documents requested by EFSC’s Office of Financial Aid, to complete the verification process or confirm eligibility by the dates listed below to ensure a determination of eligibility prior to the Fee Due Date. Students are advised to begin the application process three weeks prior to the deadline in case they need to request tax documentation from the IRS.
2021-22 Academic Year Priority Deadlines
Fall Terms 2021 - July 22, 2021
Spring Terms 2022 - November 29, 2021
Summer Terms 2022 - April 21, 2022
June 30, 2022 is the last day to submit 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
2022-23 Academic Year Priority Deadlines
Fall Terms 2022 - July 21, 2022
Spring Terms 2023 - November 28, 2022
Summer Terms 2023 - April 20, 2023
June 30, 2023 is the last day to submit 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Students may still apply for aid after the deadlines and the EFSC Office of Financial Aid will make every effort to process documents submitted after the deadlines as quickly as possible. However, the Office of Financial Aid cannot guarantee that students who submit documents late will be notified of eligibility prior to the Fee Due Date. Students who miss the published deadlines should be prepared to pay in full or enroll in the tuition payment plan.
To keep track of dates and deadlines related to financial aid, you can also view and download our Dates & Deadlines PDFs for summary by term (Just click the term). You can also check tuition and financial aid related dates and deadlines via our special website calendar page.
Scholarships are a separate form of student aid with a very different deadline structure, especially outside agency or state scholarships which all have differing deadlines. Please visit our scholarship web section for that information.
For more on the financial aid disbursement process, including dates for the current term, visit our disbursement web page. To learn more about Book Allowances, check the page about the bookstore voucher process.
Tips for a Timely Determination of Financial Aid Eligibility
• Apply as soon as possible! It can take up to 3-5 days for EFSC to receive your FAFSA and if the Department of Education selects you for verification, you may need to gather tax documents or request documentation from the IRS.
• Use of the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) within the FAFSA is highly recommended for faster processing of your application.
• Check your Titan e-mail account frequently. It is the Office of Financial Aid’s official means of communication.
• Use of the Student Document Dropbox within the myEFSC Portal is the fastest and most secure method of submitting documents. Exception: the V4 and V5 Verification Worksheets must be dropped off in person or mailed.
• In addition to completing the FAFSA, students who want to borrow a Federal Direct Loan must accept the loan via Titan Web once the loan is offered. First-time borrowers must also sign an electronic Master Promissory Note (MPN) and complete Entrance Counseling online.