Dual Enrollment Registration Process for Home Education Students
STUDENTS MUST CHECK THEIR TITAN EMAIL DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS. This is how EFSC will contact students! EFSC advisors may also attempt to reach students by phone so students should also check their voicemail.
Understanding Different Course Types
In building their schedule based on the Class Schedule Search, it is important that students select the course type, location, and time that works for them. See explanation of course types below.
- “Face-to-Face” classes meet once or twice weekly, in person, at specific times listed in the Class Schedule. Faculty will use this time to deliver instruction. No instruction will occur remotely.
- “Hybrid” courses are planned to have both online and on-campus components. Classes will follow a 50/50 split weekly between on-campu and online class sessions. Both faculty and students are required in the physical classroom on scheduled days.
- "Online Classes" are official Eastern Florida Online classes that do not require students to log in at specific scheduled times, but do require them to meet deadlines and show active involvement in class assignments.
Completing the Registration Process
- The parent fills out the Home Education Registration Form/Articulation Agreement and both the parent and student sign it. (Names may be typed into the document to fulfill the "signature" requirement.) If needed, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the form. New dual enrollment students will need to qualify through placement testing, and current dual enrolled students who have not previously qualified for college level math will also need to rely on placement testing for higher level math eligibility. View details about placement testing options.
- Students must also fill out the Add/Drop Registration Planning Form (This is a writable PDF form that should be downloaded and saved so it can fill it out electronically. Students must save the information typed in the form. It is best to do this by saving a version of the form renamed with a file name that includes the student's first and last name. Visit the Adobe Acrobat site for the free "Reader" version of Acrobat.) Fill out the CRN, Course Subject, Course Number, Section and Course Title from the Class Schedule. The student’s signature is required on the front and back of the form, which can be typed in. For questions, email email@example.com)
- Students need to save both the Home Education Registration Form/Articulation Agreement and the Add/Drop Planning Form as PDFs so they can be uploaded into the EFSC Student Document Dropbox.
- Students submit both the Home Education Registration Form/Articulation Agreement and the Add/Drop Planning Form to EFSC to register by using the EFSC Student Document Dropbox.
- To access the Dropbox, the student begins by logging into myEFSC. Scroll down to the Student Document Dropbox section. Click “Choose File” and this will prompt a window to access the file location on the computer. Navigate to the file, select it and click open. Students should now see the file name extension next to the “Choose File” button. Under “Send To:” click the dropdown arrow for “---Select Office---“ and choose “Advising." Click upload and the file is sent to the Advising team for review. Students can also watch the how-to video.
- The EFSC Advisor will register the student into the selected courses and will send a confirmation email to the student's Titan email address indicating the registration has been processed.
- If the selected courses or alternatives are not available, or if there is missing information, the EFSC advisor will contact the student via Titan email, or by phone. The advisor will be unable to process the registration until the issue is resolved, so students must check Titan email and voicemail regularly.
- To print a copy of the schedule, the student should log into myEFSC, select EFSC Titan Web > Student Services > Registration > Student Detail Schedule or Student Schedule by Day and Time.