- Administration & Departments
- Risk Management
- Education/Training Accident Insurance
Education/Training: Coverage Overview
The Education/Training Student Accident Insurance program is a fully insured policy underwritten by QBE Insurance Group (QBE). This certificate of insurance provides coverage for registered students in the named education/training courses on file with QBE while the students are:
- Participating in college courses, labs or clinical training activities that are sponsored by EFSC and on the premises designated and supervised by the College
- On the premises used for classes, labs or clinical training as designated by the College
- Traveling with a group in connection with these activities under the direct supervision of the College
Coverage under this policy ends when the applicable course or program of study ends. The policy does not provide coverage for returning students who wish to take agility tests, recertification exams, etc., unless said students are enrolled in a course. View the QBE Insurance overview flyer.
Student accident insurance provides coverage to the students for injuries they incur while participating in their covered curriculum. The covered curriculums can include those outside the allied health arena.
Please note: This policy provides excess coverage. Any other coverage available to a student would be primary.
Reporting a Claim
- Call 9-1-1 (if necessary), prior to contacting Campus Security
- Avoid making any statements about what happened or making promises to an injured person at the scene
- Call Campus Security
- Titusville: 321-403-4200
- Cocoa: 321-403-5907
- Melbourne: 321-403-5909
- Palm Bay: 321-403-5911
- Fill out an Accident Incident Form (Campus Security will assist you as part of their case report)
- Fill out an Education/Training Student Accident Claim Form. To comply with policy provisions, this form must be submitted to Risk Management within seven (7) days of the injury in order for it to be submitted to A-G Administrators.
Students are responsible for submitting all related medical bills resulting from an injury, as well as any other supporting documentation.
Example of a Claim: Student suffers a laceration requiring medical attention while participating in a clinical experience as part of his or her education or training coursework.
For covered programs or any other questions, contact Risk Management at 321-433-5559.
View additional information about Risk Management Claims.
Dr. Mike Richey
Acting Risk Manager
Bldg. 10, Rm. 205A
To ensure you view the most recent version of each EFSC form, we recommend you refresh your browser window after opening the form or clear your browser's cache.
- Student Accident Insurance Overview (QBE Flyer)
- Student Accident Certificate of Coverage
- Allied Health Liability Insurance Overview Flyer
- Allied Health Certificate of Coverage
- Student Activities Handbook
- EFSCares Student Counseling
- Title IX
- Green Dot Violence Prevention Initiative
- University Risk Management & Insurance Association
- United Educators
- EduRisk by United Educators
- Florida College System Risk Management Consortium