Skype for Business Information at EFSC
Create a Meeting
- Schedule your meeting within your Outlook Calendar. Click the New Skype Meeting button.
(If you do not have this button contact IT Support)
- Fill out the invitation with the attendees, date, time and description if necessary.
- If you plan on having attendees who are not college employees, contact your designated audio dial-in conferencing scheduler (Contact IT Support if you do not know who your scheduler is).
- Have your scheduler set up the meeting or get the dial-in number from them to include in the description field.
Join a Meeting
You can join the meeting through your calendar by right clicking the event and selecting Join Skype Meeting. You can also join through the reminder window.
If you do not have Skype for Business installed on your computer there is a Skype Web App that you can use. You can find the link for this in the meeting invite.
- Open the Text Conversation Side Bar
- Turn On/Off Video (if camera is present)
- Mute/Unmute Audio
- Share Content (screen, application, etc.)
- End Call
- Phone Controls (Dial pad, transfer, audio devices, hold)
- Options (Start recording, manage recordings, meeting options)
- Participant Side Panel
Click to open. To move presenter role to another participant, right click and select Make a Presenter.
- Invite More People. A window will be displayed with a search bar and recent contacts.
You can share your screen in two ways. Start by hovering over the icon that says Share Content. Click to see a menu, there you will see Share your Desktop or Share a Window.
- Screen Sharing
- Window Sharing
You can record audio and video sessions by clicking the ellipsis button in the bottom right corner. Once recording has started you will see an icon in the top left letting everyone know that the session is being recorded.
You can manage recordings by clicking the ellipsis again and selecting Manage Recordings. Any recordings made will be listed here. The default location is in your Video folder C:\Users\<username>\Videos