EOT Information & Application
Click below to view and download the Equivalency of Training Information and Application packet.
Prepare for Florida employment
This course is designed for out-of-state law enforcement, corrections, or federal law enforcement officers seeking employment in the State of Florida.
Persons who were formerly certified in Florida as law enforcement or corrections officers may request an exemption from some basic-level training courses. Florida officers qualify for this program if their break in service was no more than eight (8) years.
Completion of the EOT process makes you eligible for employment at a law enforcement agency in Brevard County or within the State of Florida.
For more information, click on the categories.
First Step: Eligibiity & EOT Review Process
- Applicant must have employment and training evaluated to obtain the FDLE-approved Equivalency of Training CJSTC form 76, including all previously Florida-certified officers, out-of-state officers, or federal officers
- You must obtain a CJSTC-76 to attend the program. The form may be obtained after an assessment of your training which is conducted at this College by the Brevard Police Testing Center (BPTC).
- Documentation submitted to the BPTC when obtaining the CJSTC-76 form must reflect one (1) year, full-time prior law enforcement or corrections officer experience and successful completion in all of the minimum, primary training areas.
- BPTC's review process fee for Inactive Florida Officers is $200 and $350 for out of state Officers
- Once the CJSTC-76 form has been reviewed and approved by the FDLE, the BPTC staff will send the approved applicant a copy of the 76 form and approval letter in an email and will also send the 76 form and approval letter via certified mail.
- Applicant has one year from 76 approval date to complete the Equivalency of Training course offered at Eastern Florida State College and take the Florida State Officer Certification Exam
Should you have any questions regarding FDLE eligibility requirements, please call 321-433-5639 or email@example.com
The Law Enforcement program is approximately 50 hours in length and the Corrections program is approximately 36 hours.
This program is extremely concentrated and consists of four practical exams for Law Enforcement and three practical exams for Corrections. The intent of this course is to measure the student's acquisition of knowledge, skills and abilities in the following high liability areas:
- Defensive Tactics,
- First Aid,
- Driving (driving is for LE only).
The course will not cover all areas of the curriculum mandated by the FL Dept. of Law Enforcement (FDLE). Students must study the curriculum on their own to prepare for the FL Officer State Exam. Successful completion of this proficiency course qualifies you to sit for the State Officer Certification Exam (SOCE) offered through FDLE and administered at the Brevard Police Testing Center. The State Exam is a comprehensive multiple choice test, consisting of 200 questions for Law Enforcement & Corrections. The cost for this exam is $150.
Signing up for the EOT Program
Training Course Dates
October 10-16, 2022 (State Exam Date: October 19)
February 20-28, 2023 (State Exam Date: March 2)
May 15-23, 2023 (State Exam Date: May 25)
October 16-24, 2023 (State Exam Date: October 26)
Law Enforcement: $750
Eastern Florida State College
Public Safety Institute
3865 N. Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32935
For Questions about Initial Approval to Attend / CJSTC 76 Form:
Brevard Police Testing Center Equivalency Of Training Info 321-433-5639 firstname.lastname@example.org
For Questions about the Proficiency Demonstration Course: