Phlebotomy Orientation Information
Completing orientation is required prior to acceptance into Eastern Florida State College's Phlebotomy program. To meet this requirement, we offer in-Person orientation sessions. After a campus-based orientation session is over, we also make an alternate orientation process available via the web up to the program application deadline. The application deadlines are: November 1 for the January/Spring Term class; March 1 for the May/Summer Term class; and June 1 for the August/Fall Term class. Current in-person dates (if available) can be found on the EFSC Phlebotomy home page.
Spring 2020 Alternate PowerPoint PDF & Form-Based Phlebotomy Orientation
Please read ALL the instructions below before proceeding and to receive "credit" for the orientation. Please be sure you are viewing the orientation file for the upcoming program. Documents must be emailed to the program manager whose email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: You MUST use your EFSC Titan email address for all official school communications. Documents will not be accepted if they are sent from your personal email address. See the notes at the bottom of this page for important tips on downloading, filling out and saving the documents.
- Review the online PDF version of the Spring 2020 orientation PowerPoint slides.
- Download and complete the following form stating you have completed viewing the orientation:
Online Orientation Certificate
Please note: if you attended the orientation in person – you do NOT need to submit this form if you signed in. This form is only required for those students who did not attend the face-to-face orientation.
- A written interview via a questionnaire given out at orientation is required from all students interested in the program. The interview is used as a part of the selection process when there are more applicants than spots in the program. Click here for a write-able PDF version of the Spring 2020 interview.
- Once you have completed the all these steps, please save your documents to your computer (be sure to review important notes on this process below) and then email them as attachments to email@example.com no later than the application deadline. Be sure to follow professional email etiquette rules when sending your email (include a subject, a greeting, a closing and your name).
Please note the following:
- Please save your documents with a file name that includes your first AND last name.
- In order to save your information into the PDF forms you must follow these instructions:
- Save the document to your computer. When you click the links above, it will automatically open the link in a new browser window. Simply click the download button and save it anywhere you like on your computer.
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat or the PDF reader of your choice (not the browser). If you try to type your information into the form while it is open in your internet browser, it will NOT save your information.
- Once you open the file in Acrobat or your computer's PDF reader, type your info, then
hit “Save As” and RENAME the file with your name in the filename. Then, open your
email and send it the program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment.
- Do NOT share the file with the program manager via OneDrive or any other cloud service as it can’t be opened. You MUST send it as an email attachment.
- You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/