Nursing & Health Sciences go beyond education, shaping the minds & souls of those with the passion to become the guardians of health in their community.
The Nursing and Healthcare Core at EFSC focuses on the concepts common to all health care occupations. Content includes health care delivery systems with emphasis on Health Occupations, Communication Skills, Legal and Ethical responsibilities, Wellness and Disease concepts, Infection Control, CPR, Introductory First Aid and Safety, Medical Terminology, Employability, Computer Skills and Human Simulation. Students can receive CPR certification through the American Heart Association, in addition to other certifications that are imperative to working in the health field. Courses are available at various campuses, and online!
Meet Sami LaPre
- Adult Cardiac Sonography A.T.C.(Melbourne)
- Dental Assisting A.T.D. (Cocoa)
- Dental Assisting Technology & Management A.S. (Cocoa)
- Dental Hygiene A.S. (Cocoa)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography A.S.(Melbourne)
- Healthcare Navigator A.S. and C.C.C.(Cocoa)
- Medical Assistant C.C.C and A.S. (Cocoa, Palm Bay)
- Medical Information Coder/Biller C.C.C. (Cocoa)
- Medical Laboratory Technology A.S. (Cocoa)
- Mental Health Technician C.T.C.(Melbourne)
- Nursing/RN A.S. (Melbourne)
- Nursing: RN to BSN(Online )
- Patient Care Assistant C.T.C.(Melbourne)
- Phlebotomy C.T.C. (Cocoa, Palm Bay)
- Physical Therapist Assistant A.S.(Melbourne)
- Practical Nursing/LPN C.T.C. (Melbourne)
- Radiography A.S. (Melbourne)
- Respiratory Care A.S.(Melbourne)
- Surgical Technology Services A.S. (Melbourne)
- Transition to Associate Degree Nursing / RN(Melbourne)
- Vascular Sonography A.T.C.(Melbourne)
- Veterinary Assisting C.C.C.(Cocoa)
- Veterinary Nursing A.S. (Cocoa - Formerly Named Veterinary Technology)
- Veterinary Nursing - Applied Health Sciences B.A.S.(Cocoa & Online)
- Veterinary Practice Management A.T.C(Online)
Nursing & Health Sciences programs at EFSC take place on all four campuses, plus online, with the majority of programs housed in the Health Sciences Institute on the Melbourne Campus and the Health Sciences Center on the Cocoa Campus.
Our facilities include state-of-the-art classrooms and clinical laboratories where students learn to apply their specialized skills in Nursing, Practical Nursing, Medical Assisting, Patient Care Assistant, Dental Assisting Technology and Management, Medical Imaging, Physical Therapist Assistant, Veterinary Nursing and Assisting, Medical Information Coder/Biller and much more.
We also offer multiple bachelor-level options for continuing education and career advancement in the healthcare field.