COVID Alerts:

Click for COVID Safety, Reporting Information, including 6-foot social distancing requirement in all college buildings, mask and vaccination practices, and the process for student Return to Campus approvals. To support students with Spring Term applications and registration, on-campus services are available on a walk-in basis or by appointment, with virtual options also still in place. See the Student Services Guide.

Associate Degree Pathways to a Social Work Bachelor's Degree

These transfer GPS plans prepare students to pursue a four-year degree in Social Work at a Florida public university or Florida College System (FCS) institution that offers a Social Work bachelor's degree. Students are encouraged to complete the recommended transfer GPS that will support their intended baccalaureate degree program.

A social work degree can prepare students to become general practitioners who promote well-being through social work whether it be in Children and Family Services, Substance Abuse Counselor, or a social service manager.

The courses listed in the Social Work plans are common prerequisites, which are required for a social work major at the university or state college level. For more information on common prerequisites, check the statewide advising manual at The courses listed in the Social Work A.A. Transfer GPS were selected to meet specific course requirements as either general education requirements or electives within Eastern Florida State College's A.A. degree program.

EFSC has also established an articulation agreement with Florida State University for students who complete EFSC's A.S. Degree in Social and Human Services. Students who meet requirements will be eligible to apply for FSU's Bachelor in Social Work degree and should follow the A.S. Transfer GPS specifically for FSU's program.

Remember that each transfer GPS is a guideline and does not guarantee admission to a college or university. Requirements may vary by institution and can change each year. Students are encouraged to consult an EFSC advisor or check with the advising or admissions office at the intended transfer institution.