- Career & Technical Programs
- Our Programs
- Office Administration
Take the lead and succeed with a career in Office Administration
EFSC's Office Administration program is designed to prepare graduates for positions as legal office assistants, administrative assistants, accounting clerks and office managers. The associate degree program offers three specializations that share core courses, with students choosing from the general administrative, legal office or medical office tracks.
The program's core office administration courses are completely online, offering flexibility for students to complete assignments within the timeframe spelled out in the syllabus. Certificate programs can be taken alone to focus on specific skills, and those certificates can also be used to build toward the Office Administration Associate in Science degree, which can also transfer to a bachelor's degree program.
Explore choices in the accordion below and apply through EFSC's open admissions process. Contact the program advisor with any questions as you plan.
Office Administration Pathways
Did You Know?
- The Office Administration program is an e-Learning/online program that offers the AS degree as well as four college credit certificates.
- The degree offers three specializations, a general administrative track; a legal office track; and a medical office tracks. A.S. degree students are required to choose one of the tracks as their specialization, with all tracks sharing core courses that provide a strong office administration foundation.
- This is not a limited access programs. No instructor signature is required to register for the OST courses except for the internship course.
- All OST classes take place through Eastern Florida Online so there are no set class times offering maxiumum flexibility
Office Administration Associate in Science Degree (OFAS)
EFSC college catalog requirements for the A.S. degree
A.S. program students must choose from three specializations: Administrative, Legal Office, or Medical Office.
College Credit Certificates are also embedded in this A.S. degree program.
The Office Administration A.S. degree courses are completed fully online for all three specializations. However, the Internship course will require direct supervision by the internship host site.
College Credit Certificates
The College Catalog includes the following College Credit Certificates that can be
taken as part of the Office Administration A.S. degree program or as stand-alone certificate
• Office Specialist CCC / General (18 credit hours)
• Medical Office Management CCC (34 credit hours)
• Legal Office Management CCC (27 credit hours - Important Note: The Legal Office Management College Credit Certificate will not be in the 2023-24 Academic Catalog and will be closed to new applicants starting with Fall Term 2023. Students interested in a Legal Office Management career should consider the Legal Office Specialization for the A.S. degree.
• Office Management CCC (27 credit hours)
• Office Support CCC (12 credit hours)
College Credit Certificates include the following benefits:
- No placement test required
- No General Education courses needed
- Use certificate courses to build toward completing the A.S. degree in Office Administration
Internship Course Information
An Office Administration Internship course is required for the AS degree.
Be prepared! Completion of most major courses is required prior to enrolling in an Internship course.
Internships are coordinated by the Career Planning & Development Center.
Credit for High School Courses
If you recently completed or are enrolled in an Academy of Finance, Accounting 1 and 2, or Computing for College and Careers course through Brevard Public Schools you may be eligible to receive credit towards your certificate or degree in Office Administration.
Save time and money!
Microsoft Office Systems (MOS) Industry Certification
You may be eligible for free college credit.
If you have earned an industry certification in Microsoft Office Systems you may be eligible to receive college credit toward the Office Administration degree program!
Credit for MOS Industry Certification
Students who have a current MOS certification (bundle) and passed at least three of the five tests may be eligible to receive free college credit. View the links below to find out more.