EFSC's RN to BSN program ranks in the Top 10 most affordable online programs out of 500 programs ranked by nursing search site RNtoMSN.
Nursing: RN to BSN degree at Eastern Florida State College
Fall Term 2020 Session Reopened for Applications!
The goal of the Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Nursing RN to BSN) program is to provide access to a baccalaureate degree that is both affordable and available within the local service area. The program's 100% online coursework makes the program available to any practicing nurse with the required Florida Registered Nursing license and accommodates the varying needs of both traditional full-time students and working adults.
The mission at EFSC's nationally accredited RN to BSN program is to challenge the associate degree nurse to integrate evidence-based practice, cultural awareness and professional leadership in a global healthcare community and to nurture a commitment to lifelong learning.
The RN to BSN Program at Eastern Florida State College (ESFC) is designed for RNs who have already earned their Associate in Science degree in Nursing or are in their final semester of such a degree and will have their Florida Registered Nursing License prior to the start of the program. The curriculum and coursework build upon students' fundamental nursing knowledge and skills and allow them the opportunity to expand beyond the clinical aspect of nursing.
The RN to BSN degree is a fully online program designed for current Registered Nurses who meet the admissions criteria and would like to continue their education to the Bachelor's level for the purpose of career advancement and academic growth. This degree also prepares graduates for eventual application to a Master's-level program should they choose to further their academic career.
|Admission Term||Application Opens||Application Closes|
|Fall 2020 (October course start: Only for currently licensed RNs)||Reopened: August 13, 2020||September 30, 2020*|
|Spring 2021||May 26, 2020||February 15, 2021*|
|Summer 2021||November 2, 2020||May 24, 2021*|
|Fall 2021||February 8, 2021||September 20, 2021*|
* The RN to BSN program has a rolling admissions process as the application packet is finalized. Students are eligible to register for courses upon acceptance into the program.
Admissions Criteria & Process
- Associate in Science in Nursing (ADN) from a regionally accredited institution. Students may be in their graduating semester
when applying provided they will have their Florida Registered Nursing license prior
to taking any NUR or NURC, 3000 or 4000 level courses.
- Note: Any General Education courses required by the program may be completed during the program.
- Active, clear, unencumbered Florida Registered Nursing license (hard copy not required; applicants must enter the license number and expiration date into EFSC's online admissions application). If the student is in the graduating semester of their ADN program they may enter the anticipated NCLEX testing date (This option is not available for the reopened Fall 2020 Term).
- Submit all final, official non-EFSC college transcript(s) indicating the coursework taken and the degree(s) awarded by the application deadline.
A $30 application fee is due at the time of application for students who do not have a two-year degree from EFSC. Paying the application fee does not guarantee admission to the RN to BSN program.
The RN to BSN baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Eastern Florida State College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Visit the CCNE Website. This degree program also has approval from the State Department of Education and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).