COVID-19 Update: Tutoring Information
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, all Academic Success Center (ASC) & Writing Center services are currently offered online, with the expectation to also offer on-campus services by appointment starting in mid-August. Click to see the "How-to Access Virtual Tutoring" page. For virtual tutoring hours, visit the virtual tutoring schedule page. Also access the current online tutoring resources SmartThinking and the Online Writing Lab through the information in the "Access Online Tutoring" box on this page. Need help with the transition to an online learning environment? Reach out to a Success Coach/Advisor.
Welcome to the Palm Bay Campus Academic Success Center
Location: General Titus C. Hall Center, Building 1, Room 234
Fall/Spring Hours of Operation: 8 AM – 8 PM, Monday - Thursday
Summer Hours of Operation: 8 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday - Thursday
At the Academic Success Center (ASC), formerly known as the Palm Bay Learning Lab, our job is to support students in their efforts toward academic success. We do this by providing:
- A large, comfortable area with more than 60 computers that students may use for doing research, writing essays, completing assignments, and engaging in other online tasks necessary for college life.
- Math tutors, who provide expert guidance in courses from basic math through calculus. They are located in 1-227, a room designed for their specialty.
- Writing tutors to help in the areas of reading and writing for any EFSC course assignment.
- A science tutor for biology, chemistry, and nursing courses.
- TABE tutoring for students wishing to pursue certifications.
- Please Note: Palm Bay proctored exams and all testing is now coordinated and administered at the Palm Bay Assessment Center, Building 2, Room 235. Phone: 321-433-5229. Learn more about proctored testing at EFSC.
Access online tutoring
EFSC Virtual Tutoring
Academic Success Center tutors are available to EFSC students for virtual tutoring during the COVID-19 related campus closures.
Limited third party-tutoring is also offered online live, by appointment, or through submissions for math, science, Spanish, nursing, reading and writing subjects. Tutors available 24/7 for EFSC students. Log-in using your full TITAN email address as your USERNAME and birthdate formatted as MMDDYY as PASSWORD. Students only have a limited number of hours they can use through Smarthinking but it is a great resource when you really need a little extra help. Learn more about Smarthinking.
Online Writing Lab
Writing tutors review submitted papers, scholarship essays and job applications Monday through Thursday until 3 PM. Anything submitted after 3 PM Thursday is reviewed the following Monday. Turn-around time is usually 24 hours or less.