Welcome to the Palm Bay Campus Academic Success Center
On-Campus Walk-Ins Welcome: Monday - Thursday, 8 AM to 8 PM
Virtual Tutoring Hours: By appointment only
Location: General Titus C. Hall Center, Building 1, Room 234
At the Academic Success Center (ASC), formerly known as the Palm Bay Learning Lab, our job is to support students in their efforts toward academic success. We do this by providing:
- A large, comfortable area with more than 60 computers that students may use for doing research, writing essays, completing assignments, and engaging in other online tasks necessary for college life.
- Math tutors, who provide expert guidance in courses from basic math through calculus. They are located in 1-227, a room designed for their specialty.
- Writing tutors to help in the areas of reading and writing for any EFSC course assignment.
- A science tutor for biology, chemistry, and nursing courses.
- TABE tutoring for students wishing to pursue certifications.
- Please Note: Palm Bay proctored exams and all testing is now coordinated and administered at the Palm Bay Assessment Center, Building 2, Room 235. Phone: 321-433-5229. Learn more about proctored testing at EFSC.
Other Tutoring Resources
EFSC Math Review Webinars
Review common math topics, ask questions & interact with an EFSC tutor in live group sessions hosted in MS Teams. Check the list of topics, dates, times & access links.
ASC Tutoring Videos
Become a better student with playlists featuring popular topics like study & math skills, how to format papers & write a thesis.
Online Writing Lab (OWL)
EFSC writing tutors review submitted papers, scholarship essays & job applications Monday through Thursday until 3 PM. Anything submitted after 3 PM Thursday is reviewed the following Monday. Turn-around time is usually 24 hours or less. In addition to the OWL, visit a Campus Writing Center for in-person assistance.
Limited third party-tutoring is offered online live, by appointment, or through submissions for math, science, Spanish, nursing, reading & writing subjects. Tutors available 24/7 for EFSC students through Canvas or Log-in using your Titan Single Sign-On Credentials (Updated January 2022). Current students only have limited Smarthinking hours but it is a great resource when you really need a little extra help. Learn more about Smarthinking, including resources for native Spanish speakers.