Promoting civic literacy
The Civic Engagement Task Force at Eastern Florida State College strives to create new pathways to promote civic engagement opportunities that line up with the Florida College System's Civics Literacy initiative.
Goals and Functions
- Prepare students for employment in a dynamically changing global community
- Involve staff, faculty and students in diverse community activities that enhance civic engagement, leadership and empowerment
- Promote non-partisan, participatory civic literacy or understanding of local, state and federal governmental structure and public policy issues
- Foster community partnership opportunities both on and off campus
- Infuse civic engagement into the College culture for both students and employees