Parking Permit Pick-Up Locations
Temporary permits can be exchanged at these Campus Security Offices:
- Cocoa Campus: Security Building 1, Front Lobby
- Melbourne Campus:Security Building 1, Room 123
- Palm Bay Campus: Security Building 1, Room 101B
- Titusville Campus: Security Building 1, Room 101A
2017-18 Student Parking Permits Available Now
All vehicles operated by students and employees in connection with attendance or employment at Eastern Florida State College MUST display a valid and current parking permit. Student permits expire each June 30, and a new permit must be purchased effective July 1. Parking permits give the registered holders the privilege of parking on campus, but do not guarantee the holder a desired parking space. The inability to find a desired parking space is not considered a valid excuse for violation of any parking regulation.
Multiple Vehicle Registrations: If multiple vehicles will be used on a frequent and continuous basis, a parking permit must be obtained for each vehicle.
Parking permits are to be displayed and affixed to the left (driver’s side) rear bumper OR the outside left (driver’s side) rear window of the vehicle. PARKING PERMITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE (WITH POSSIBLE EXCEPTIONS) AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
All exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Campus Security Supervisor or his designee. Examples of considered exceptions include:
- Class withdrawal/cancellation - The permit cost will be refunded if the permit was purchased prior to attending classes and a student withdraws from classes, or if classes are cancelled and a student will not be attending any other classes on Eastern Florida State College campuses.
- Vehicle replacement - If a student purchased a parking permit for a vehicle that becomes inoperable, or if a student purchases a different vehicle within the period of validity of the purchased permit, a new permit will be issued without additional cost, and the old permit will become invalid.
- Vehicle involved in a crash - If a student's current EFSC-registered vehicle becomes disabled due to a traffic crash, he or she will be issued a new permit for a new vehicle without additional cost, and the old permit will become invalid. A written statement detailing the facts and circumstances may be required. If a student's vehicle is temporarily disabled, he or she will be issued a temporary permit at no cost while the vehicle is being repaired.
- Lost or stolen permit - If a student's current EFSC parking permit is lost or stolen, he or she may be required to provide a written statement detailing the facts and circumstances. If within the period of validity of the purchased permit, a new permit will be issued without additional cost, and the old permit will become invalid.
- Damaged/replaced window - If a student's rear window becomes damaged and needs replacing, he or she will be issued a new permit without cost, and the old permit will become invalid. A written statement detailing the facts and circumstances may be required.
Temporary parking passes are available for guests, visitors and other parking situations that may warrant a temporary pass and will be evaluated by an authorized agent of the College. Temporary parking passes are available at the Security Office on each campus.
The College assumes no responsibility or liability for loss or damage to any vehicle or its contents while operated or parked on property used for the purposes of Eastern Florida State College.
To purchase an annual parking permit, students must follow these steps:
• Log in to the myEFSC portal using your B-number and PIN, and then choose "Titan Web."
• Click on "Student Services," then "Parking Permits" and then "Request a Permit."
• Students either must select a vehicle that's already registered at EFSC, or add a new vehicle to the registry.
• Click "Submit" once the parking permit request is complete. Your account will be charged $40 plus tax per vehicle, and the request for a permanent annual parking permit will be processed.
• Titan Web Services will provide a temporary parking permit, which students can print and display on the left-hand side of the vehicle's dashboard for seven days.
• Prior to its expiration, the temporary parking permit must be exchanged at a Campus Security Office for an annual parking permit to avoid citations. Security Offices are open 24 hours, and officers are also happy to assist students with the permit process if they have trouble accessing the online system.
• Once the permanent annual parking permit has been obtained, it must be affixed to the left (driver’s side) rear bumper OR the outside left (driver’s side) rear window of the vehicle. Permits that are taped or affixed inside of a window will be cited. Motorcycles must have the permit affixed in an easily visible place.
• If you have any questions about this process, please contact your Campus Security Office.
Parking & Traffic Regulations/Fines
Parking and traffic regulations are established by the College and enforced on all campuses. Students must park only in designated parking areas. Violation of regulations shall result in fines being assessed in accordance with the schedule of fines approved by the Board of Trustees, and an administrative hold may be placed on the release of student records, grades and transcripts until full payment of the assessed fines.
Excessive parking violations by students shall be considered violations of the Student Code of Conduct and may be subject to discipline including, without limitation, loss of privilege to park on the campuses of EFSC, probation, suspension and expulsion from the College. View a full explanation of EFSC parking regulations here.
Restricted areas are: Disabled (blue), Faculty/Staff (yellow) and Fire Lanes (red). A 15 mile-per-hour speed limit applies to all EFSC campuses. While on campus, drivers must obey all traffic laws as they would when driving on city streets, including completely stopping at all STOP signs.
Traffic Violation Fines: Click each for details.
- No Decal / Improper display of decal (increases to $25 after the second citation)
- Over lines (Yellow, Red, Blue, White)
- Adding unauthorized parking spaces
- No Parking Zone (Red)
- Posted Areas (No parking, visitor, college vehicle only)
- Double Parked
- Seeded or cultivated area
- Service entrance/ Loading zones
- Staff/ Faculty parking (Yellow)
- In loading zone
- On sidewalks, walkways or roadways
- After second parking violation, fee rises to $30
Moving (minor): $15
- Driving on cultivated area
- Violating one way sign
- Failure to completely stop at stop signs
- Loud music
Moving (major): $30
- Driving over posted speed (15mph)
- Careless/ reckless driving
Tow Away and Certain Parking Violations: $30
- Parked in Handicapped space
- Parked in front of fire hydrant
- Third or more parking violations
- Vehicles will be towed at owner's expense for various violations, including but not limited to: chronic violations (vehicles receiving more than two parking violations); blocking entrances or fire lanes; long-term disabled vehicles using handicapped space without handicapped permits or blocking handicapped parking areas.