Celebrating Hispanic Heritage
October 2013 - National Hispanic Heritage Month is the period from September 15 to October 15 in the United States when we recognize the importance of Latinos in our history and the contributions they’ve made.
Explore the links to web resources below and join us on Thursday, October 17, 2013 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the Hispanic Heritage Celebration featuring the EFSC Culinary Student Guacamole/Salsa Competition. It will be held in the Ralph M. Williams Student Center Cafeteria (Cocoa Campus - Building 11). Come sample the different recipes created by our Culinary Program students and vote for the best. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive $75, $50 or $25 in gift cards. For contest information contact Maggie Stubbe at 321-433-7251 or email@example.com.
Hispanic Heritage Month Online Resources
- PBS Documentary Series "Latino Americans"
- Viva Florida 500
- PBS Latin Music USA
- Florida's Hispanic Heritage Month 2013 website
- Hispanic Heritage in the Americas/Encyclopedia Britannica
- Hispanic Heritage Month at the Smithsonian
- History Channel en Español
- Legislative History of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Library of Congress Hispanic Heritage Month
- PBS Programming for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Smithsonian Latino Center
- Twenty Frequently Asked Questions about Hispanics