Employees Honored with Welcome Back STARS Awards
August 13, 2015 - Twelve employees were honored for their dedicated service to Eastern Florida State College during Thursday’s Welcome Back program when they were recognized as recipients of the new STARS award program.
The letters in STARS stand for Superlative, Teamwork, Attitude, Responsibility and Service.
Each honoree received a STARS trophy from EFSC Vice President Dr. Linda Miedema as their names were announced by college President Dr. Jim Richey who thanked them for what he called their “exemplary service that’s a model for all of us to follow.”
The winners are:
• Michael Spooner, Kevin Coxwell, Curtis Latham & Craig McDevitt, Groundskeepers,
• Corina Christensen, Administrative Assistant, eLearning, Melbourne Campus
• Dyan Beynon, Administrative Assistant, Titusville Campus
• Susan Ivey, Advising Coordinator, Titusville Campus
• Dayla Nolis, Director of Academic Technology, Palm Bay Campus
• Nancy Montgomery, Administrative Assistant, Institute of Nursing, Cocoa Campus
• Jerome Smith, Bulk Mail Programmer, Cocoa Campus
• Stephanie Burnette, Registrar, Cocoa Campus
• Lynne Bumsted, Administrative Assistant, Palm Bay Campus
The STARS recipients were chosen from dozens of EFSC staff nominated by their co-workers.