NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Contact: John J. Glisch, Associate Vice President, Communications
EFSC Employees Honored with STARS Awards
August 11, 2016 - Ten employees were honored for their exemplary performance at Eastern Florida State College during Thursday’s Welcome Back program to mark the start of Fall Term.
The employees received an award called STARS that stands for Superlative, Teamwork, Attitude, Responsibility and Service.
Each honoree received a STARS trophy from EFSC Vice President Dr. Linda Miedema as
their names were announced by college President Dr. Jim Richey, who said the “dedication
of these employees is a model for all of us to follow.”
The winners were:
- Victor Battle, Receiving Agent, Cocoa Campus
- Kathy Bauernfeind, Administrative Support Specialist, Melbourne Campus
- Dorothy Belton, Administrative Support Assistant, Palm Bay Campus
- Roger Carter, Learning Specialist, Palm Bay Campus
- Jose Garcia, Application Development Technologies Manager, Cocoa Campus
- Stephanie Goins, Campus Advising Coordinator, Melbourne Campus
- Linda Hendrickson, Administrative Support Specialist, Titusville Campus
- Missy Jalovecky, Learning Lab Coordinator, Titusville Campus
- Debbie Snapp, Administrative Support Specialist, Melbourne Campus
- Evelyn Young, Service Learning Director, Melbourne Campus
The STARS recipients were chosen from dozens of EFSC staff nominated by their co-workers.