NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Contact: John J. Glisch, Associate Vice President, Communications
EFSC Honors Nine Employees for Exemplary Performance
August 8, 2019 - Nine Eastern Florida State College employees were named STARS Award winners Thursday for their exemplary performance during the past year.
The honors were announced by college Vice President Dr. Linda Miedema during the annual Welcome Back program for faculty and staff to start the 2019-20 academic year.
The letters in STARS stand for Superlative, Teamwork, Attitude, Responsibility and Service.
“These exemplary employees go above and beyond every day to help students succeed in many ways. Their dedication shows the spirit of our college at its very best, and is a model we can all follow,” said Miedema.
The winners represent all four campuses as well as college-wide services. They are:
• Carolann Poole, Administrative Assistant, Online Programs
• Paul McKee, Stage Technician, Simpkins Fine Arts Center
• Donna Hamilton, Administrative Assistant, Business and Educational Programs
• Sharonda Burr, Specialist, Student Development, Advising
• Nora Schutte, Administrative Assistant, Liberal Arts Programs
Palm Bay Campus
• Jennifer Pait, Assistant Director, Financial Aid
• Tony Romero, Assistant, Laboratory Equipment Maintenance
• Catherine Harwood, Manager, Website and Social Media
• Angela McCullough, Supervisor, Accounting
The event was held at the Student Union on the Melbourne Campus.