NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Contact: John J. Glisch, Associate Vice President, Communications
State Conference Includes EFSC Honors
November 14, 2017 - Eastern Florida State College received several awards recently at the Association of Florida Colleges Annual Meeting and Conference in Palm Harbor.
The Association promotes professional growth and excellence for employees of the 28
member institutions in the Florida College System, which serves more than 800,000
AFC’s Eastern Florida chapter :
• Earned the prestigious “Platinum Chapter” award for the first time for its dedication to professional development and exemplary service to AFC and the Florida College System.
• Along with five other colleges in Region III, EFSC was part of the “Region of the Year” award for its outstanding contributions to the Florida College System and AFC, winning the award under the leadership of the AFC Region III Director Christine Warner, EFSC’s Director of College-wide Student Recruitment. Region III is comprised of EFSC, College of Central Florida, Daytona State College, Lake-Sumter State College, Seminole State College of Florida and Valencia College.
• EFSC led seven professional development presentations for attendees.
• EFSC was also recognized for Tracy Glidden being elected AFC’s VP-elect of Commissions for 2018. Glidden is a Coordinator for the college’s Student Recruitment team.
• EFSC had its third graduate of the Certified College Professional Program, Christine Warner, since the program’s inception in 2012.
Eastern Florida had the largest conference presence of any school this year with 18 registered Association delegates.
Visit the chapter's Facebook to view additional conference photos.