NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Contact: John J. Glisch, Associate Vice President, Communications
STARS Awards Presented to EFSC Employees
August 10, 2017 - Eastern Florida State College President Dr. Jim Richey recognized 10 employees for their exemplary performance at Thursday morning’s Welcome Back ceremony to mark the start of Fall Term 2017.
The employees received STARS Awards, which stands for "Superlative, Teamwork, Attitude, Responsibility and Service."
Each honoree received a STARS trophy from EFSC Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs and Chief Learning Officer Dr. Linda Miedema as their names were announced by College President Dr. Jim Richey, who said the “dedication of these employees is a model for all of us to follow.”
This year’s winners were:
- Cherylan Bacheller, Instructional Designer, Palm Bay Campus
- Liz Craft, Applications Coordinator, Melbourne Campus
- Nate Herman, Maintenance Supervisor, Cocoa Campus
- David Houk, Student Advisor, Palm Bay Campus (not pictured)
- Judy Lockridge, Administrative Support Assistant, Melbourne Campus
- Susan Martel, Administrative Support Specialist, Melbourne Campus
- Brittany Miedema, Student Life Coordinator, Titusville Campus
- Sarah Poff, Administrative Support Specialist, Cocoa Campus
- Michelle Provencal, Science Lab Coordinator, Melbourne Campus
- Yolanda Shipley, Administrative Support Specialist, Cocoa Campus
The recipients were chosen from dozens of EFSC staff nominated by their co-workers.