VA Vocational Rehabilitation
Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment is an employment-oriented program that assists veterans with service-connected disabilities by offering the veteran services and assistance to help them prepare for, find and keep suitable employment. Suitable employment is work that is within the veteran’s physical and emotional capabilities and matches their patterns of skills, abilities and interests. For veterans whose disabilities make employment unlikely, VA helps them attain as much daily living independence as possible.
To be eligible a veteran must have a VA-established service-connected disability of at least 10 percent with a serious employment handicap or 20 percent with an employment handicap and be discharged or released from military service under other that dishonorable conditions. A service member pending medical separation from active duty may apply, but the disability rating must be at least 20 percent.
Forms and Paperwork Required
The following documentation will be needed to start your Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehab Benefits. VA Forms can be picked up at an EFSC Military and Veterans Service Center or downloaded from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs web site:
- VA Form 28-1900 Disable Veteran’s application for Vocational Rehab
- DD 214 (Copy 4) Report of Military Separation / Discharge
- VA Form 28-1905 Change of Program / Change in Place of Training (this form is sent to the Veterans Educational Benefits office by your case manager)
- Prep Memo (see an academic advisor if you have to take developmental education preparatory classes)
- Class schedule
- Prior Credit Statement – this form will be given to you at the EFSC Veterans Educational Benefits Office to fill out
Military & Veterans
Locations & Hours
Monday-Thursday, 8 AM - 6 PM
Building 11, Room 113
1519 Clearlake Rd.
Cocoa, FL 32922
Bldg. 1, Rm. 140
3865 North Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32935
Palm Bay Campus
Bldg. 2, Rm. 163A
250 Community College Parkway
Palm Bay, FL 32909