Reserve Educational Assistance
Eligibility for REAP will be determined by the Department of Defense (DoD) or Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as appropriate. A member of a reserve component who serves on active duty on or after September 11, 2001 under title 10, U.S.C., for at least 90 consecutive days under a contingency operation is eligible for REAP. National Guard members are also eligible if their active duty is under section 502(f), title 32 U.S.C. and they serve for 90 consecutive days when authorized by the President or Secretary of Defense for a national emergency and is supported by federal funds. Individuals are eligible as soon as they reach the 90-day point whether or not they are currently on active duty. DoD will fully identify contingency operations that qualify for benefits under Chapter 1607.
Disabled members who are injured or have an illness or disease incurred or aggravated in the line of duty and are released from active duty before completing 90 consecutive days are also eligible.
Forms and Paperwork Required
The following documentation will be needed to start your Chapter 1607 REAP Benefits. VA Forms can be picked up at the EFSC Veterans Educational Benefits Office or downloaded from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs web site.
- VA Form 22-1990 Application for Initial Education Benefits
- DD 214 (Copy 4) Report of Military Separation / Discharge (reflecting statement that you served under a contingency operation)
- DD Form 2384 (N.O.B.E.) Notice of Basic Eligibility (get this form from your reserve unit)
- VA Form 22-1995 Change of Program or Place of Training (form used if you have previously applied for Chapter 1606 benefits or are changing place of training / program)
- Prep Memo (see an academic advisor if you have to take developmental education preparatory classes)
- EFSC Class schedule
Prior Credit Statement: this form will be given to you at the Veterans Educational Benefits Office to fill out
Military & Veterans
Locations & Hours
Monday-Thursday, 8 AM - 6 PM
Building 11, Room 113
1519 Clearlake Rd.
Cocoa, FL 32922
Bldg. 1, Rm. 140
3865 North Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32935