Educational Assistance Pilot Program
Noncontributory VEAP is a modification of the Chapter 32 program. This program differs from basic VEAP in that the Department of Defense pays the participant’s monthly contributions to the Chapter 32 program and certain participants are permitted to transfer their entitlement to a spouse or child.
Basic eligibility for educational benefits under Section 903 for a veteran is based upon the following conditions:
- The veteran enlisted or reenlisted for service on active duty in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps after November 30, 1980, and before October 1, 1981 (or contracted under a delayed enlistment agreement after November 30, 1980, and before October 1, 1981, and entered on active duty before October 1, 1982).
- The veteran must not be eligible for Chapter 34 (Old G.I. Bill) educational assistance (based upon a prior period of active duty or a delayed enlistment agreement).
- The veteran must have served for a continuous period of 181 days or more unless discharged because of a service-connected disability.
- If the veteran was an original enlistee, he or she must have completed either 24 continuous months of active duty or the full period of which called or ordered to active duty, whichever is less, unless discharged for disability, hardship, or early-out.
- The veteran must have been released or discharged from active duty under conditions other than dishonorable.
- The veteran must have elected to participate in VEAP and must have been chosen for the pilot program with his or her contributions made by the service department.
Further information concerning this program is available in an EFSC Military and Veterans Service Center.
Military & Veterans
Locations & Hours
Monday-Thursday, 8 AM - 6 PM
Building 11, Room 113
1519 Clearlake Rd.
Cocoa, FL 32922
Bldg. 1, Rm. 140
3865 North Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32935
Palm Bay Campus
Bldg. 2, Rm. 163A
250 Community College Parkway
Palm Bay, FL 32909